To top

Music with meaning

Who's your favorite?
Carson Collins
Extreme poster
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:15 am

Speaking of The Ramones, I've just now seen disc 1 of 2 in the "Ramones: It's alive: 1974-1996" set.

It's great. Long on uncut audio/video, and plenty of what one wants to see in the special features.

Just watch, you won't regret it.

thegemsculptor
Passionate poster
Passionate poster

Ramones

Postby thegemsculptor » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:44 pm

Saw the Ramones back in the early 80s.Amazing show in this crappy little joint in Tucson.Definitely in my top 10 of best live acts.
Carson Collins
Extreme poster
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:20 pm

Yah, I saw them quite a few times when I lived in NYC. Too bad they're all dead, although I guess it's sort of a miracle that Joey lived as long as he did, he was always sick.

What really surprised me was when Joe Strummer (of the Clash) suddenly dropped dead at 50. He had a healthy life style (just smoked pot) and everyone thought he'd make a comeback; so far as his looks, he could have passed for 30 when he died.

Sic transit gloria mundi.

Rain
Substantial poster
Substantial poster

Postby Rain » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:49 am

The song "Queen" of the Swedish band VACUUM has a very deep meaning... There is a philosophic question in that song "...can every love be something better than the last?..." It makes me think over and over again...
andy tetlow
Extreme poster
Extreme poster

Postby andy tetlow » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:55 am

a song which means a lot to me is a song by the tindersticks called 'she's gone'. its about (i think) a father coing to terms with his daughter leaving home to get married, explaining how his daughter took her mother with her when she left. obviously not literally, but in heart. its a beautiful song full of sadness. that song set me in a different direction in my music too. i was doing electronica at the time and started doing folktronica becuase of that song....it inspired so much.
andy tetlow
"I would walk a hundred miles to punch a camel on the nose" -Pedro Gonzalez, cousin of Speedy

http://andytetlow.blogspot.com/
http://www.reverbnation.com/sumit
DrayeArt
Extreme poster
Extreme poster

Postby DrayeArt » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:41 am

Wango Tango by Ted Nugent. Nuff said. :lol:
NEW TUTORIAL: GET ANIMATED CLICK HERE
Carson Collins
Extreme poster
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:35 am

Blow me. I rest my case!
golden
New poster
New poster

Postby golden » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:12 am

I dont now about 'change my life' but I love Sarah Slean, "Sweet ones". Shes about the best lyricist ever.
Rez
Postaholic
Postaholic

Re: Music with meaning

Postby Rez » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:21 pm

interesting thread is interesting.

music is what got me into what im doing today, and all the little nuances i find continue to inform to a major extent, so music is a continual process of meaningful ideas and dimension.
the list of influential records and artists is long and probably meaningless to most people here, i'm a music snob :wink: it's all names and adjectives...

LUCKILY, there's a new site called Muxtapes, where you can mix together twelve songs and post it online at no expense at all. the constrained time limit (and file size limit of 10mb) forces you to play it fast and loose and let fly with what comes natural, and after three mixes, i think i have a fairly comprehensive look at what's meaningful and affects me...

http://hulkfindtrain.muxtape.com/
this one's pretty abrasive. i like to make ugly mixes sometimes because ones that run like clockwork tend to bore me to tears. i really like all the songs here, its just that put together it's very clunky and uncomfortable. if anything check out the 'clark' track. pure visual candy.

http://latent.muxtape.com/
this is the one that people will like. it's coherent and full of the gentler, more graceful songs that i got really attached to. the better your speakers are the better this will be. i'm kinda proud of this one actually.

http://klank.muxtape.com
no theme, no idea, just let it all hang out and put some tried and true tracks on there. some of these have a long and wonderful history with me, others are recent discoveries that i liked well enough to think about.

and thats all what gets me going
Carson Collins
Extreme poster
Extreme poster

Re: Music with meaning

Postby Carson Collins » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:51 pm

I can't figure out how to listen to the music. :? There's just a link target that says "BUY THIS FROM AMAZON" but, hey, I'd kinda like to listen to it first, y'know? No doubt I'm being dense, but can you explain this, please :?:

Return to “Music”