Postby MiChelleAngella » Mon May 16, 2011 3:38 pm

Ryan playing "Bad Day"
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u35YZJnWCpo][/youtube]
Carson Collins
Extreme poster
Extreme poster

Re: Ryan playing the music of Dax Johnson

Postby Carson Collins » Mon May 16, 2011 6:23 pm

Ryan is a terrific piano player. This melody, "Bad Day" is lovely; so charged with sadness and resignation, yet with a hope that just keeps shining on through regardless of everything. Truly moving and inspirational.

God, how I wish I could make music! But a middle-ear infection when I was an infant and a case of viral encephalitis when I was 7 years old robbed me of the greater part of my sense of hearing.

It's funny though; I'm so deaf that I'm completely incapable of picking out the simplest tune on a keyboard, but on an emotional level, I enjoy music as much as the next guy, even though doctors who have X-rayed and tested my ears wonder how I can hear at all.

Thanks for sharing that. You should be very proud of Ryan, mom. (Good name, too, by the way) :D

Hey, why did you entitle this thread Ryan's Piano Spleen? That's an expression I've never heard before. :?: :?: :?:
MiChelleAngella
Extreme poster
Extreme poster

Postby MiChelleAngella » Mon May 16, 2011 7:01 pm

Thanks.. it was composed by Daniel Powter.
requested by ryan's classmates to play.. [most of the music he plays are challenges and requests by his friends].
He listens to the music for awhile, then practice by ear for a few days.
I wrote 'piano spelen'.. [not spleen] and it's dutch for piano playing [one of our languages here]
Carson Collins
Extreme poster
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Mon May 16, 2011 9:28 pm

HA HA HA HA HA :lol: Just goes to show how dreadfully easy it is to misunderstand (or to be misunderstood) on the 'Net.

I saw "spleen" (an organ in the human body that reprocesses dead red blood cells, because I'm a Doctor of Medicine) whereas you wrote "spelen", a word with which I am totally unfamiliar, because you live in the Dutch West Indies, while I lived in the French West Indies. Although we did make many trips to the Dutch side of St. Maarten (26 Nautical Miles from my home on St. Barth) back in the day; the doctors there were quite free and easy with that Methadone. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MiChelleAngella
Extreme poster
Extreme poster

Ryan's piano playing & Stevie Wonder

Postby MiChelleAngella » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:04 pm

Some updates:

Ryan's still playing piano music, and he has over 2,000 subscribers for his vids already.

I will be going to see Stevie Wonder perform tonight here in Curacao! [North Sea Jazz Festival]
[looking forward to this, but hoping I won't get too emotional, because i've loved Stevie since I was 12 years old.
People from all over the world is already here on the island for the 3-days concerts, to see other performers as well.. like Sting, Diane Warwick, etc.,
So far over 10,000 tickets sold, and already last night the first concert, and the city is crazy packed. [no wonder I just woke up from a dream that I got lost in a crowd, and couldn't find hubby].. hehe
North Sea Jazz Festival: http://www.curacaonorthseajazz.com/en/
MiChelleAngella
Extreme poster
Extreme poster

Re: Ryan's piano playing & Stevie Wonder

Postby MiChelleAngella » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:45 pm

yep, I was up front to see my Stevie Wonder.. he did some funny stuff there on the stage too.. [we were amazed he could find his way from one part of the stage to get to the piano, without anyone leading him].. He intrtoduced his little son who had his birthday, just turned 10, so we all sang Stevie's "Happy Birthday" song to his little sonny boy. It was a great night.
Isabella8688
New poster
New poster

Postby Isabella8688 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:22 pm

MiChelleAngella wrote:My youngest son Ryan, [13 years old] listens to music and plays on the piano what he hears..He has had no music lessons, but he taught himself to play the piano some months ago.

He's played quite a number of beautiful music that he hears, and here he is playing the music of Dax Johnson that he listens to first, then go and play it:
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fvjpK6u4XU][/youtube]

If you have a youtube account, feel free to leave a comment for him ^_^
Thanks for listening!

-Michelle

Thanks you for sharing

Return to “Music”