To top

Frost/Nixon

Movie discussion.
lynnielu
Extreme poster
Extreme poster

Frost/Nixon

Postby lynnielu » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:05 pm

I recently got to watch the movie Frost /Nixon. Excellent movie about the Nixon /Watergate scandal of the 70s, that eventually led to moves to impeach our 37th President Richard M.Nixon. Nixon resigned August 8,1974.

Being a history buff myself, I found the movie to be rivoting and historically accurate. That's one of the nice things about getting old (or shall I say older). I was 24 when the actual interviews took place. For today's generation, Watergate is a term that's used to encompass everything from bribery to extortion, to obstuction of justice; or something taught in history class. My generation was lucky enough (or unlucky depending on your view), to experience it first hand.

The interviews that took place between David Frost, (now "Sir" David Frost) and former President Nixon were historical. It was the first and last time Nixon had talked candidly about the incident, culminating with an admission of wrong doing in the end.

I found this 1 1/2 hour video on Google Video, of the actual interview, (the Watergate part) narrated by David Frost himself. (Isn't the internet great?)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2622746270623660113

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

My Calendars at Lulu.com
http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=1586244
Debbie Adams
Extreme poster
Extreme poster

Re: Frost/Nixon

Postby Debbie Adams » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:03 am

I don't know how I miss this post. Sounds like a good movie.
This video link is no more.
mroseland5798
New poster
New poster

Re: Frost/Nixon

Postby mroseland5798 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:21 pm

I was a kid when this event was going on. My family was glued to the TV to see what was going to happen next. I just rented this DVD, and I was impressed about what went on behind the scenes before Frost scored the interview with Nixon, after his indictment. Excellent movie by Ron Howard...

Return to “Movies”