To top

The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T. (1953)

Movie discussion.
DrayeArt
Extreme poster
Extreme poster

The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T. (1953)

Postby DrayeArt » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:32 pm

Cast: Peter Lind Hayes, Mary Healy, Hans Conried, Tommy Rettig, Jack Heasley, John Heasley, Robert Heasley, Noel Cravat, George Chakiris

Director: Roy Rowland

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgpfMxYFSmE][/youtube]

“Tomorrow, down below me, I will have 500 little boys, 5,000 little fingers — and they’ll be mine, all mine!”

No, those aren't Michael Jackson's last words, but a rant from evil Nancy-boy villain Dr. Terwilliker(Hans Conried), from one of the most bizarre children's musical movies(even by their standards) ever. Fantastic sets and over the top performances, combined with a Dr. Seuss script(the only live-action film he would ever be involved with) make this a cross between A Christmas Story and Salo. Observe this "furious" Jazz-hands battle-

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXRK_GIy1yE&feature=related][/youtube]

Shockingly frightening, to say the least. :lol: Good fun for the kiddies (as long as they don't ask why the villain is behaving like Uncle Fred). One question- where do I get one of those hats? :lol: 8.5/10
NEW TUTORIAL: GET ANIMATED CLICK HERE
Ann-Mi
Passionate poster
Passionate poster

Re: The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T. (1953)

Postby Ann-Mi » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:37 pm

You forgot to mention the 8th wonder of the world - Technicolor!
This looks simultaneously fun and terrifying. Everything looks so happy and cheerful. I always found musicals to be a little frightening and confusing at times, since they don't really make any sense... And the likes of Jazz finger battles will worry me deeply. I'll try to look it up!
Ann-Mi's lairs: Blog | Art gallery

Return to “Movies”