To top

Does anyone else use Jasc PSP?

Learn any tricks of the trade you'd like to pass on? Post them here. Photoshop, Flash, and other tutorials can be found here.
Carson Collins
Extreme poster
Extreme poster

Does anyone else use Jasc PSP?

Postby Carson Collins » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:04 am

Does anyone else besides me use Jasc Paint Shop Pro? I have PSP7 and it seems that everyone else on Earth has either Photoshop or GIMP. That's fine except whenever I have a question about PSP nobody can help me.

bloodjelly
Extreme poster
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:23 am

Not me. Google's no good? You could ask Jeeves but he's a bit of a priss. What makes PSP a good program to use? Just used to it?
Gary Dee
Extreme poster
Extreme poster

Postby Gary Dee » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:26 am

Sorry, my friend.
I don't even know what GIMP is. :?
Art by Gary Dee
Gary Dee's Gallery
Gary Dee Wingo's Original Paintings Portfolio

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" *John Lennon*
Life is not about surviving the storm...its learning to dance in the rain.
Carson Collins
Extreme poster
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:55 am

What makes PSP a good program to use? Just used to it?

- bloodjelly

It's something that just happened by fate or by chance, however one wants to look at it. I was seated on a flight from Atlanta GA to Portland OR next to a guy who turned out to be a VP at Jasc, we got to talking, and he laid a copy of PSP7 on me. At that point in time it hadn't even been published yet. When it came out it was about $70.

Anyhow it's kind of like the Mac vs. PC story. PSP does all the same stuff as Photoshop, is arguably better, and wasn't marketed nearly as well.

Linda Hinchey
Postaholic
Postaholic

Paintshop Pro 6 & 8

Postby Linda Hinchey » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:05 pm

I have PSP 6 & 8. They were given to me. Honestly, I like the PSP 6 better... probably because I am used to using it. But there are feature of PSP 8 thta I really like too. I am not an expert on these softwares. I just use them to mess around with. But, maybe between the two of us we can figure them out...
Linda
In the mountains, we forget to count the days...

Nuture your muse!
DrayeArt
Extreme poster
Extreme poster

Postby DrayeArt » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:27 pm

I've been using MS for 9 months now, and I'm still finding new bells and whistles on it.
NEW TUTORIAL: GET ANIMATED CLICK HERE
Linda Hinchey
Postaholic
Postaholic

MS?

Postby Linda Hinchey » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:20 am

Are you talking about Microsoft Picture It Publishing? I love this one... I'd like to have the newest versions of this... It does a lot that the others don't... or that I am aware of at this time.

I like that when you edit an image that when you save it you have the option of saving it either compressed or originally (no compression) I don't like saving a photo and having it compressed. Especially when I am working on very old photographic restoration...
Linda
In the mountains, we forget to count the days...

Nuture your muse!
Carson Collins
Extreme poster
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:28 am

Linda, do you use PSP to restore photographs? If so, I wish you'd take a look at this thread http://www.foundmyself.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1097 and tell me what you think?

thegemsculptor
Passionate poster
Passionate poster

Postby thegemsculptor » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:01 pm

I've used PSP 8 quite a bit.
Diana Lynn
New poster
New poster

Postby Diana Lynn » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:24 pm

All I've ever used is PSP> I'm on 9 now, Ithink I started with 7. I won't go any further , though, because 9 has so many bells and whistles I don't know how to used yet I don't think I need more. I have been very happy with it but can't really help you any since I don't have a lot of time to spend on it.

Return to “Art Studio”