To top

Art Movements

Post and view comments about the art in the galleries and art in general.

Which Art Movement Do You Belong To?

Abstract expressionist / Modernist
24%
Impressionist
14%
Naieve / Outsider / Folk
3%
Pop
No votes
Postmodernist
No votes
Realist / Photorealist
17%
Remodernist / Stuckist
14%
Surrealist
7%
other
21%

Total votes: 29
Becca Desty
Postaholic
Postaholic

Can't pick

Postby Becca Desty » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:14 pm

I'm having trouble finding a movment that I feel that I fit into. I'm leaning towards impressionism, expressionism and abstract expressionism but I have my doubts. Impressionism because it's characterized by thin brush strokes whereas I like bold broad and visible brush strokes. And the other two because they are generally related to negative emotions. I was wondering if what any of you would label my art as. So if you don't mind could you tell me what movements you think my art fits into? ignore my digital work, that's not really my serious stuff. "Octopus" "Taxi" and "Study in White" are probably the ones that I feel best represent my style. I would really appreciate the help. thanks
Shaun Kennedy
Extreme poster
Extreme poster

Re: Art Movements

Postby Shaun Kennedy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:06 pm

My self. i dont like putting a label to art. Its not as easy as people make you think. So me my art is "Art"
RKB-arts
Substantial poster
Substantial poster

Postby RKB-arts » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:05 am

Hi Becca,
I looked at your gallery to see if I had any thoughts in regards to your question. My first thought at this point i,s it may not be real important if you don't know which artistic heading you fit into. That usually takes sometime to evolve. Over time you may notice your work and thinking may begin to take a path more focused in one direction or another. You have the tools to really move in any direction you want so I wouldn't worry about it I think it will show itself the more work you do. But, having said that if I had to say right now I would say I see elements of Pop Art throughout your work. I hope this helps a little Becca
Becca Desty
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby Becca Desty » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:46 am

thank you. Yeah, I agree about what you said I know that the main problem I'm having finding a movement is the fact that my art isn't entirely developed. I just wanted to know where people thought I stood as of now. It's surprising to me that you say pop art.
anyway, thanks for your comment
RKB-arts
Substantial poster
Substantial poster

Postby RKB-arts » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:50 am

Becca,
I think I saw Pop Art mainly because of the images, not so much the style. I remember seeing 2 large paintings of an octopus at a Pop Art show so maybe that is sticking in my mind. Most of the other images seem to have their origins in popular culture, I think that's why I saw a pop art influence. I hope this helps clarify a little bit.

Return to “Visual arts”