To top

Do you play?

Who's your favorite?
bloodjelly
Extreme poster
Extreme poster

Do you play?

Postby bloodjelly » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:02 pm

Just wondering if anyone plays an instrument here that they never mentioned. I played bass clarinet for about 10 years, drums for 4, and a little piano. Today I tried to play clarinet after a three year hiatus and I was squeeking a little more than usual, but I was surprised I remembered the fingerings and notes so well. Maybe I'll keep playing and try to get back in old form. So what do you guys play? What's your favorite instrument?
rebus
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby rebus » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:18 am

Can't play anything... I think I'm possibly tone deaf.... when I hum, people cringe. Would love to play an instrument but I haven't the time, patience or skill *sigh*.
Any of my reference photos may be used to create artworks as long as they are acknowledged in the normal way.
Sunny
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby Sunny » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:53 am

I play the autoharp(zither), harmonica, played trumpet all through school. I write lyrics & make up my own tunes but can't score-I'm hopeless! I play a mean tambourine! LOL! I use to play my autoharp & sing at the local prison( which is Michigan's hard rock prison). I was a Christian volunteer for several years and there is nothing like playing to a captive audience! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! ROTFLMAO! :lol:
Art in Soul Studios
http://www.geocities.com/sunny4art
The soul has reasons that reason cannot fathom.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:51 pm

:lol:

Autoharp? Never heard of it but it sounds cool. Trumpet's an instrument I always wanted to learn - LOUD. After clarinet for so long I want to wail on something. Plus the fingerings are pretty similar. Rebus, maybe you could take up harmonica - that instrument sounds good no matter how hard you try to mess up. Or tambourine (no offense Sunny)
rebus
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby rebus » Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:10 am

hmmn doesn't have quite the same appeal (sorry sunny) and anyway, I'd never get any painting done at all... as it is I've done nothing for weeks.
Any of my reference photos may be used to create artworks as long as they are acknowledged in the normal way.
Mr_tenZin
New poster
New poster

I play the software...!

Postby Mr_tenZin » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:51 pm

Yo... I aint got no skill in any instrument. I'm total bummer at playing musical instruments, btu i play the software! I use my computer that's loaded with all types of smart music software, for mixing, sampling, editing, etc.. Have composed a lot of musicals.

For more info log onto http://www.soundstar.i8.com

The site is incomplete, but it'll soon be updated when i find the time!

Chao.

Need any help/info on the same or for any other matter, it's mr_tenzin@hotmail.com.

Tenzin.
Rez
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby Rez » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:25 am

i hear that you, and your band, have throuwn your computers out the window, because you want to make something "real" i hear you want to make a "Yaz" record. i hear that you and your band have sold your turntables, and bought guitars. i hear that everyone you know is better and more relevant than everyone, that I KNOW....

sorry, bit of song quoting there.

um, i could have been the best drummer ever, but we didnt have the cash to get me lessons, so now i just listen to music all day long.
Magnolia
Passionate poster
Passionate poster

Postby Magnolia » Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:22 pm

I attempted violin, recorder and bass guitar. Each of them I FAILED MISERABLY. I was not born to create beautiful music, merely to make well bred music connoisseurs weep and scream in agony. I can play Hot Cross Buns on the recorder, but it is such a painfully easy and uninteresting melody that it hardly counts
Why don't you go play with your CHEMISTRY SET?!
Rez
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby Rez » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:51 pm

Magnolia wrote:I can play Hot Cross Buns on the recorder

this is the funniest line i've read all day.

hot cross buns.
Magnolia
Passionate poster
Passionate poster

Postby Magnolia » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:33 pm

Hot Cross Buns
Hot Cross Buns
One a penny
Two a penny
Hot Cross Buns
(repeat)
Why don't you go play with your CHEMISTRY SET?!

Return to “Music”