To top

Fahrenheit 9/11

Movie discussion.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster
Extreme poster

Fahrenheit 9/11

Postby bloodjelly » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:09 am

Has anyone seen this? I have heard good and bad things about it, but haven't gotten around to seeing it yet.
rebus
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby rebus » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:53 am

Everyone is dying to see it when it comes out over here... Heard good and bad things too. Mostly that it is too one-sided, but at least someone is telling the other side of the story now... I'm looking forward to this one.
Any of my reference photos may be used to create artworks as long as they are acknowledged in the normal way.
sumthingzen
Postaholic
Postaholic

yeah- finally!

Postby sumthingzen » Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:36 pm

My local theater got it a week late- I finaly got to see it (that was the subject of GRRR in this forum earlier.)

If you like Michael Moore- you'll love the film. It does bring up a lot of the same points from "Dude, where's my free country?" (IIRC the title?) his most recent book... but it also looks for political/media relations and interactions.

I do have a beef with a particular segment- while interviewing congressmen about the possiblility of enlisting their children... He cut out the answer of a particular congressman- who had an eliquent answer. Either edit the whole interview- or let the man answer the question.- just my personal feeling.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:39 pm

I heard about that interview also, zen. I think you're right - Moore would sway a lot more people "on the fence" if he gave credit to the other side once in a while. I think that was the first thing we learned in debate class in high school: you strengthen your argument by conceding that the other side is right on certain issues, but incorrect about the big ones. I mean, nobody can be one hundred percent wrong one hundred percent of the time.

Anyway, I'm going to go see this probably this weekend, and I'm looking forward to it with open eyes.
pat
Substantial poster
Substantial poster

Fahrenheit 9//11

Postby pat » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:38 am

I've seen the movie...and yes at times it is one sided buttttttttttt when you think of Fox news and Fair and Balanced...well that's a joke...we get this stuff 24/7 and people start to believe it...
When this movie came out I could hardly wait to see it and believe me when the movie was on you should have heard the cheering in the theatre...
.It's like....at last someone is telling the other side...we really don't get that....with the big media conglomorates sp?
you really get news that's recycled so much and not really objective...
The media has become a fat cat...they have big fancy houses...and they want access to top names....in order to get those top names they play ball...they don't ask the really hard questions and they don't do follow ups to the ninth degree...they don't pursue the truth...they let it ride or slide or let it go alltogether...they want these people to come back...they need the ratings...they get the raitings from the big names...MONEY
News needs to be free of all this stuff...it is supposed to be informing the public...to keep them alert to what's really happening...
The media in my feeling is being co-opted by the establishment...the ones in power...this is to me is wrong...
They need to be free of all these ties...how elce are we going to be informed.
Yeah you can read but even some of the editors are biased...We need the facts...hard facts...if you folks are going to go and die and be crippled by war then we have to know the truth...
Americans are willing to fight and die for what they believe is the truth...our country was deceived... How will these troops feel once they are home and have time to think... and have more choices..
I'm an older person and I feel for these young people who have died...
I looked at all their faces on a program and one by one they were all sooooooo young...they didn't have a chance to live...to love....to have a life...whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
It took 20 minutes to show their faces...Look at their faces...what did they die for...
an administration that wanted to go to war????????????????? What is the truth...we will never know...butttttttttttttttt
In Iraq they had this museum full of treasures of ancient times...the cradle of civilization as they say it was robbed and looted...they had no protection for their treasures...but the oil ministry had protection.......Does this give you a clue.???????????????
Just my feelings...
pat
purple_magpie
Passionate poster
Passionate poster

Postby purple_magpie » Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:31 am

I'm definately going to see it. Not because I think it will be a great movie, but because I think it's something that should be seen. I saw bowling for colubine not long ago, and although it was upsetting, I think Micheal Moore tells it as it is.
It's nice to hear what americans think about the subject.
pat
Substantial poster
Substantial poster

Michael Moors movie

Postby pat » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:58 pm

Hello Purple Magpie...I went to your url and it's a fun site...
pat :D

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:54 pm

thanks very much. Glad you like it! :)
pat
Substantial poster
Substantial poster

Fahrenheit 9/11

Postby pat » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:56 pm

Your very welcome...I mean it too...
About the news media...I just got in the mail a url that will allow you to hear media folks that tell it like it is...
Some worked for Fox News...
I would love to post it here but I don't know if it's allowed...
pat
bloodjelly
Extreme poster
Extreme poster

Re: Fahrenheit 9/11

Postby bloodjelly » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:41 am

pat wrote:Your very welcome...I mean it too...
About the news media...I just got in the mail a url that will allow you to hear media folks that tell it like it is...
Some worked for Fox News...
I would love to post it here but I don't know if it's allowed...
pat

Definitely, post it if it's legit.

Return to “Movies”