- › Glass painter Peter Howarth (1)
- › Favourite Film? (132)
- › Post your Reach gallery URL here! (231)
- › Call for Art - Theme "Open&quo... (1)
- › I was artist and became a global th... (5)
- › Do you think Rasool McGee an artis... (8)
- › Hi How Is Everbody? (15)
- › READ BEFORE POSTING: The Curse of t... (205)
- › Back from Europe! (12)
- › A portrait of a man - and my first ... (14)
I'm trying to figure whats a good amount to charge, they want a logo, and product labels. i dont want to over or under charges, so help please.
With logos I charge more than I would for a brochure, say, even if they both took the same amount of time. A good logo serves as a basis for future designs (your labels, for example), and is a big part of a company's identity. Depending on the complexity of the graphic, I know designers charge anywhere from $500 - $3,000 and up, but since you're brand new I'd keep it on the lower end of the spectrum. Personally I'd rather charge a little less and get a recommendation than charge too much and leave a bad taste in their mouth. I also would be weary of charging too much less and getting recommendations to cheapo clients that want a project done for next to nothing.
Let me know how this goes! Hopefully you have a good client to start with that doesn't want to micromanage everything you do, or give you 1,000 ambiguous revisions (Can you move the top part up and change the blue to a more 'bluer' color?) Design the logo as a vector, make sure it looks good in black and white and small and large, and you're on your way! Good luck
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest