Burns Night 2011
Jan 27, 2011 – (403 views)
Robert Burns, A Bard's Epitaph:
Is there a whim-inspired fool,
Owre fast for thought, owre hot for rule,
Owre blate to seek, owre proud to snool ,
Let him draw near;
And owre this grassy heap sing dool ,
And drap a tear.
Is there a bard of rustic song,
Who, noteless, steals the crowds among,
That weekly this area throng,
O, pass not by !
But , with a frater-feeling strong,
Here, heave a sigh.
Is there a man, whose judgment clear
Can others teach the course to steer ,
Yet runs, himself, life's mad career,
Wild as the wave,
Here pause -- and, thro' the starting tear,
Survey this grave.
The poor inhabitant below
Was quick to learn the wise to know,
And keenly felt the friendly glow,
And softer flame;
But thoughtless follies laid him low ,
And stain'd his name!
Reader, attend! whether thy soul
Soars fancy's flights beyond the pole,
Or darkling grubs this earthly hole,
In low pursuit:
Know, prudent, cautious, self-control
Is wisdom's root.
- › Discount Hub- Coupons & Deals ,... (1)
- › favorite music (38)
- › New oil painting (17)
- › Imagination Distorts Reality, Myth ... (1)
- › Reach website vs Other websites (4)
- › Digital art from photos (9)
- › Any tool for creating artistic bitm... (6)
- › Photoshop tutorial - How to fix a d... (3)
- › Dumb and very fertile (4)
- › The Figurative 2018 Online Art Exhi... (4)