Landscape with garbage
Jan 9, 2019 – (95 views)
I’m afraid that I have never seen in my whole life a place that was totally devoid of garbage or waste. Like the majority of people nowadays, I have traveled quite a lot, and in all the places where I've been, even in apparently pristine landscapes, such as high mountain paths or natural parks, there is always the memory of some garbage. Maybe hidden, perhaps barely visible and half buried, faded by the sun and worn out from the weather, mainly plastic, now part of nature.
In the countryside of southern Italy, especially in Puglia, just digging in the ground it is very easy to uncover relics of ancient Greek civilization: pieces of amphorae, shards of pottery, coins. It's too easy to say that this was a refined civilization, so that we still consider its waste like works of art, while ours is a barbarian society that submerged the planet of trash. Will we arrive at the point of saying that the difference is only quantitative?... Will it happen, in a near future, that we will come to replace the ruins of antiquity with the scraps of our consumerism?
- › Oil painting - Autumn River (8)
- › Watercolor Pencil Painting (4)
- › New oil painting (9)
- › Full-length watercolor tutorial vid... (3)
- › Just in a Blah mood can't paint (6)
- › Hello to all at Foundmyself.com (5)
- › International Call for Artists for ... (1)
- › favorite music (38)
- › Oil painting techniques (3)
- › Highest Rated Piece (3)