- › Upload improvements (11)
- › Bug Report - Update your profile pi... (5)
- › Broken World (1)
- › Introducing blogging, updated galle... (26)
- › Transport-bigger canvas and introdu... (7)
- › Shipping Fees in the USA (3)
- › Do you think Rasool McGee an artis... (13)
- › Is FM on Instagram? (11)
- › HELLO (3)
- › CHECK OUT MY CRAZY ART (1)
Search found 554 matches
Omgosh! So beautiful!! :D Thank you so much! :D Good study - you got the lighting and layout matched up well with the original, but it definitely has your brushstrokes, making it unique. Nice job. 8) Thanks, it's good to hear that I've done the original some justice. I love Luminism and want to mov...
- Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:14 am
- Forum: Art critique
- Topic: Is Still Life Painting still relevant in today's world?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2040
Beautiful! :) And to answer your question in the title, yes absolutely, especially if the objects are imbued with a deeper meaning. Vanitas, for example, are saturated with symbolic meaning. But it could be as simple as objects that are important to you. A friend of mine just recently shot a series ...
Hey everyone! :D I'm back and it feels like it's been a very long time. I'm finally back to painting consistently. Fingers crossed that it continues. I hope everyone is doing well. Here's is my latest oil painting “Magnolia”. It is a master copy of Martin Johnson Heade's “Magnolia Blossom”. Any thou...
- Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:37 am
- Forum: Art critique
- Topic: Prep sketch for a future painting
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4273
It looks good! I like the dim kind of hazy feeling to it. As if it's late in the night and the room is only lit by that one lamp. Do you think you'll keep the mood the same in the painting? If so how are you going to translate it into paint? And lastly (sorry if I'm bothering with all the questions)...
- Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:42 am
- Forum: Visual arts
- Topic: The Raider Queen of Connacht
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2649
It's been awhile! I've made the dog dark grey, added some shadows, started filling in her braid, and added the flesh colour since last time. The dog is now named, my màthair came up with Tír na nÓg, so he is Óg or Óggie for short, which I like because it brings to mind Augie Doggie. I had a minor pr...