- › SOLAR POWER (1)
- › Site Main Category Selection (1)
- › Art Price Calculator Help (2)
- › How To Fix Problems in HP Support A... (3)
- › Windows Of Heaven (7)
- › Opinions / Feedback on this paintin... (1)
- › How to Remove Avast From Windows? (1)
- › New oil painting (14)
- › Happy Thanksgiving (1)
- › Introducing blogging, updated galle... (28)
Search found 3232 matches
although this is not the critique thread, but since I'm here I have a suggestion. Adjusting the light depth between the tree and the barn would also help. . . .eg: the barn should be a lighter hue and consequently, the barn darker. Anything in beween and beyond can be gradients or variations of hues...
- Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:16 pm
- Forum: Art critique
- Topic: Newer artist seeking critique for first original palette knife abstract.
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1127
Agreeing with GrandDaddy, depth and some degree of focus is important in a painting. Jackson Pollack and other members of the Group Of Seven are fine examples of art nouveau. They still maintain depth and light elements allowing our human eye its natural focal point. Any painting that pleases our ey...
The depth and contrast makes this piece stand out. It has an overall natural 'feel' to it. The highlight on the nose; the smoker's teeth; the expression is Story-telling. Only because you say that it's 'not done', I would say that I agree about the varying values. I have drawn from ref photos lots a...