To top

Bioshock

Tricks, tips, titles and taunts. bleep bleep bleep!
thegemsculptor
Passionate poster

Bioshock

Postby thegemsculptor » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:10 pm

I just finished playing Bioshock on my 360.Great gameplay,but I really love the 50s gone bad theme.Beautifully designed look,reminds me of a French film I saw back in the 90s called "City of Lost Children".The game is definitely an homage to this film.
XaosLord
New poster

Re: Bioshock

Postby XaosLord » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:58 pm

Actually, the game is largely based on Ayn Rand's writings regarding Objectivism.

Suggested reading:

- We The Living

- The Fountainhead

- Atlas Shrugged
thegemsculptor
Passionate poster

Postby thegemsculptor » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:37 pm

Actually,I was making a visual comparison,rather than commenting on the underlying philosophy of the game which I agree,has Ayn Rand's extreme libertarian bent.In fact the game probably models a possible distopian conclusion if Rand's ideals were actually implemented in a closed utopian society.After all,it only takes one bad apple to ruin the barrel,and Atlas turned out to be one really bad apple in Bioshock.
The Black Soup
New poster

Postby The Black Soup » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:12 pm

I really love the Bioshock series and the clean and friendly 50's style mixes really well with the insanity of Rapture. Now ytou've completed the first one I highly recommend the second bioshock, which I prefer over the first. It improves on certain gameplay elements like dual weapons and hacking and takes you deeper into the story of Rapture.

Enjoy!

Return to “Video games”