To top

New Spore screenshots

Tricks, tips, titles and taunts. bleep bleep bleep!
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

New Spore screenshots

Postby bloodjelly » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:34 am

There's a little blurb by Will Wright and a handful of screenshots over at Wired. I don't know...do you think it's worth the wait?

http://www.wired.com/gaming/gamingrevie ... lery_spore
MERisk
Passionate poster

Re: New Spore screenshots

Postby MERisk » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:41 pm

The graphics look a little goofy, but I imagine it needs to allow for a looooot of customization.

I'm definitely gonna give it a try. Sure it looks silly, but it sounded like a LOT of fun back when they were first showing it off.
DrayeArt
Extreme poster

Postby DrayeArt » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:32 pm

Wasn't Myst like this, or am I thinking of another game. I had one called Civilization, that took you thru different stages of mankind. I wish this guy would come out with a SimCity that works(no bugs). Always liked it for the nuts and bolts creation aspects, and the economic side, too.
NEW TUTORIAL: GET ANIMATED CLICK HERE
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:05 pm

DrayeArt wrote:Wasn't Myst like this, or am I thinking of another game. I had one called Civilization, that took you thru different stages of mankind. I wish this guy would come out with a SimCity that works(no bugs). Always liked it for the nuts and bolts creation aspects, and the economic side, too.

I was just looking for a new Sim City a few days ago, and they're coming out with Wii and other console versions but no computer version yet it looks like. I always ended up destroying my cities with meteors and aliens but the game was fun for a time waster. Spore seems like they're trying to combine every single sim game into one, but if you can't blow stuff up I'm not interested. :twisted:
DrayeArt
Extreme poster

Postby DrayeArt » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:10 am

So you're basically a terrorist at heart, Trev? :lol: Sim Cities are like little pieces of art. I hate to destroy them. Unlike those at YouTube.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_5HFvu8O4U][/youtube]

I found the games I used to play, on line. Tried to get on the Sim City site(I registered), but they still haven't sent me a confirmation email. I'm gonna see if I can get a version of Railroad Tycoon and Panzer General.
HoorayForSeymour
Postaholic

Postby HoorayForSeymour » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:42 pm

I love killing people in The Sims 2. I imagine it would be just as fun in Sim City lol.

Me and my friends always wished you could make the sims murder each other and stuff!
Message me if you are interested in commissions :)
DrayeArt
Extreme poster

Postby DrayeArt » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:51 pm

Well, you don't really see people in SimCity. I guess the best you get on that point , are the cars, when you put down roads. Other than that, it's anonymous random mayhem, pretty much like nuking a point on a map.

Tried Railroad Tycoon today. It blows. The trains are even slower than they were in PS1. They start you out in 1870, so it's like going to the snail races.

Panzer General is too big an upload(weighs in at over 90mb) so I guess I'm stuck with waiting on a confirm from Maxis.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:47 am

DrayeArt wrote:Tried Railroad Tycoon today. It blows.

Yes it does. Try Rollercoaster Tycoon - original or otherwise. Fun times and that's one that destroying anything on feels wrong to me. All the little happy people milling about, eating ice creams and puking after getting off a roller coaster. :)
andy tetlow
Extreme poster

Postby andy tetlow » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:09 am

hey joe, the reality behind that sim video is that just ONE fire at ONE nuclear power plant would have wiped that city out... :(
andy tetlow
"I would walk a hundred miles to punch a camel on the nose" -Pedro Gonzalez, cousin of Speedy

http://andytetlow.blogspot.com/
http://www.reverbnation.com/sumit
DrayeArt
Extreme poster

Postby DrayeArt » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:37 pm

bloodjelly wrote:
DrayeArt wrote:Tried Railroad Tycoon today. It blows.

Yes it does. Try Rollercoaster Tycoon - original or otherwise. Fun times and that's one that destroying anything on feels wrong to me. All the little happy people milling about, eating ice creams and puking after getting off a roller coaster. :)

I think I tried this game, but it was too cutesy for my tastes.

I doubt they'd allow even 1 nuke plant to be built on Manhattan Island(especially after 911), let alone the 50 that guy has there. I think I heard somewhere, that a Hiroshima-sized nuke would only take out 16 sq. blocks in Manhattan, and the radiation would be contained to 15 miles, instead of the normal 20. I guess, because the buildings are so high.

Return to “Video games”