To top

Final Fantasy

Tricks, tips, titles and taunts. bleep bleep bleep!
oleandervyce
Passionate poster

Final Fantasy

Postby oleandervyce » Tue May 03, 2005 7:09 am

Just curious... any FF fans out there? :)
"I am a kind of paranoiac in reverse--I suspect people of plotting to make me happy." - J.D. Salinger
puckthelizard2005
New poster

FF

Postby puckthelizard2005 » Mon May 09, 2005 5:39 pm

*Raises a hand* Right here! Great games, one of my favorites! Actually FInal Fantasy 7 was the first set of drawings I started to draw people with. Awesome story lines.
oleandervyce
Passionate poster

Re: FF

Postby oleandervyce » Tue May 10, 2005 5:36 am

puckthelizard2005 wrote:*Raises a hand* Right here! Great games, one of my favorites! Actually FInal Fantasy 7 was the first set of drawings I started to draw people with. Awesome story lines.

And how! :D Yeah, admittedly they were also my main pull into drawing. I think it was FFVIII for me though.

I only wish FFX-X-2 weren't so crappy. Meh. :(
"I am a kind of paranoiac in reverse--I suspect people of plotting to make me happy." - J.D. Salinger
oleandervyce
Passionate poster

Re: Meeee toooooo!

Postby oleandervyce » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:43 am

caitie-mccaul-taratoa wrote:I'm a FF fan too. FF7 was my fav. Have you seen FF7- Advent Children. I reckon that the fight scenes in that movie is what The Matrix should have been ( The second vtwo, cause the first one was goooood)

Yeah, Advent Children was wicked. A little confusing since I never finished FFVII, but I enjoyed it all the same and the animation was top-notch.
oleandervyce
Passionate poster

Postby oleandervyce » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:08 am

Egh, I know, I knooow. I need to pick up a secondhand copy of FFVII though 'cause I don't have one at the mo'. I dunno, I thought Ultemecia (FFVIII) was pretty damned hard, hehe.

It is somewhat relevant, isn't it? Speaking of remaking FFVII, did you see that preview Square-Enix released? They reanimated a sequence from the original game to show off their fancy new software. It looked awesome, but they said they weren't going to redo VII. Still, definitely worth checking out. It was v. impressive.
oleandervyce
Passionate poster

Postby oleandervyce » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:16 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhz_uG9oZ8g

There's the FFVII tech demo. :D

SE said they weren't going to redo it... are you planning on buying Dirge of Cerberus, btw?
oleandervyce
Passionate poster

Postby oleandervyce » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:21 pm

Yeah, I'm not so sure I want to buy it... I dunno, to me at least, it looks like a bit of a Devil May Cry ripoff (which isn't cool in my books, being a die-hard DMC fan, hehe). But I guess we'll see, eh?

I do believe it'll be out in the US this coming week. Not sure when exactly, but if I do get it I'll def let you know what I think of it. :D

FFXII is another maybe for me. Lately Square-Enix hasn't rubbed me the right way, if you know what I mean. At least in terms of games. AC was awesome, but FFX-2? Star Ocean? Ick.
oleandervyce
Passionate poster

Postby oleandervyce » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:33 pm

I could rant about FFX-2 for hours, I kid you not. It was the biggest gaming experience letdown I've had in a very long time. And yeah, I know what you mean about appealing to the female gamer. It's pretty damned sexist. I mean, as a female gamer, I honestly prefer the blood and gore to the fluffy BS that was X-2 and Star Ocean. Meh.

Ah well, let's all bitch and moan then get ice cream. :P
oleandervyce
Passionate poster

Postby oleandervyce » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:08 pm

Hehe, I might be slow with the ongoing convo, but I'm keeping up! :P

Yeah, the Vampire games rock. I wish I had Bloodlines. I've only got the old one, Redemption. I could spend hours playing it. Doom is great, too. You a Resident Evil or Silent Hill fan at all?
evaldas
New poster

Postby evaldas » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:24 pm

FF7 was alright...especially if you can get people beefed up enough to beat Sephiroth in under 2 minutes. ^^

If I were to claim a favorite, it would be FF8. That was the first one I played and one of the few least obnoxious of the groups.

C'mon, how can you beat Laguna? That was a very fun character. Wish he would have actually been playable later in the game when you went against he/she Adell.

Return to “Video games”