To top

Sims 2

Tricks, tips, titles and taunts. bleep bleep bleep!
LindyvdBosch
Substantial poster

Sims 2

Postby LindyvdBosch » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:12 am

Who is addicted to Sims 2?
ME!!
I love that game and I love to talk about it with others.

:lol:
Visit my FANTASY ART at http://www.lindyvandenbosch.com
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:12 pm

Hey - I used to play the original Sims a little bit, but I stopped mostly because it WAS addicting! Not as addicting as Roller Coaster Tycoon to me though...that game was ridiculous. How is 2 better than 1? Just curious 8)
lorikitty
Substantial poster

Postby lorikitty » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:22 pm

2 adds things to it, like life-goals. long-term and short-term. the system is a lot more advanced. if you create your own character, you can set it to be a lover, a money-hungry person, a family-oriented person, education-oriented, etc. as in the original, your sign also has a lot of influence in your starting abilities. in "university" (expansion) you can get your character's abilities up BEFORE they reach adult-hood, which means as an adult you can concentrate on partying and making friends instead of working out and the like :P
one of the new sims2 expansions also lets you purchase a car (awesome!!), store it in a garage, etc. means you don't have to wait for a taxi anymore :) you can also buy a car-alarm for it, so I'm assuming it's possible it can get stolen. bummer! another expansion (open for business) is my personal favorite. you can make your own store, and it's basically the same sort of deal as the sims online was in regards to a store. you stock things, they sell, you have to restock them. fortunately you get NPCs to re-stock, so nobody has to go through the bother :) Perhaps in a future version they'll add some sort of tally-list :)
You get the awesome option of being able to run your business from home, or from a commercial building you purchase. you can also make it a family business, meaning your family (people you live with) will work there, also. it's pretty cool :D
~lorikitty
AzHisoka
New poster

Postby AzHisoka » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:38 pm

I've never really been into Sims 2.. I'm more of a SimCity fan hehe. Sims just seems so bland and uninteresting, just like real life =)
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:58 pm

AzHisoka wrote:I've never really been into Sims 2.. I'm more of a SimCity fan hehe. Sims just seems so bland and uninteresting, just like real life =)

Do you know when they're coming out with a new version of Sim City? I used to love that game 8)
HoorayForSeymour
Postaholic

Postby HoorayForSeymour » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:32 pm

I'm pretty much addicted to Sims 2 as well lol. I have University, but I really wanna get Pets soon!
RionaWolfheart
Substantial poster

Postby RionaWolfheart » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:42 am

Not me.. lol

It was fun when I was 10 and bored, but I think it's been overdone again and again...
nicole renner
New poster

Postby nicole renner » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:49 pm

i love everything sims!
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:44 pm

nicole renner wrote:i love everything sims!

I bet they're well on their way with Sims 3, eh? Have you heard anything about it? Or are they resting on their laurels and just releasing more expansion packs for v.2?
HoorayForSeymour
Postaholic

Postby HoorayForSeymour » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:24 pm

I heard from ModTheSims2.com that they are making The Sims 3. I can't find any information on it yet, so I don't think it'll be released anytime soon. I can imagine how awesome it will be :D

Return to “Video games”