To top

The 2008 Ocean Series Wall Calendar

Post design/commercial art oriented graphics here. Logos, ads and the like.
darrenrichie
Postaholic

Postby darrenrichie » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:26 am

Ahhh i see, so it really means getting people to visit your page and buy it. That makes it difficult because, as I have found, trying to get people to visit a certain web page is hard work. you just need to keep mentioning it in as many different places as you can as often as you can. Good luck.
Richie
"He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot."
Douglas Adams
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:13 am

to get people to visit a... web page is hard work... keep mentioning it in... many different places... as often as you can.

- darrenrichie

Right, that's the thing. I was just thinking that maybe some of the folks who read this might be able to suggest some "places" to "mention" it that I don't know about yet. With gargantuan amounts of traffic, of course.

By the way, I love your "avatar". Funny.
Attachments
2008JuneCP.jpg
June
2008JuneCP.jpg (50.21 KiB) Viewed 7105 times
andy tetlow
Extreme poster

Postby andy tetlow » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:29 am

hey, carson, really nice work, my friend. how do i buy? is it best to use the link or do it through you?
andy tetlow
"I would walk a hundred miles to punch a camel on the nose" -Pedro Gonzalez, cousin of Speedy

http://andytetlow.blogspot.com/
http://www.reverbnation.com/sumit
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:56 am

how do i buy?

- andy tetlow

Bless your heart, Andy, there are no words of praise dearer to this old artist's heart.

The only way to get them is via the link to OceanSeries at CafePress

There is a link to my CafePress "store" in the navigation menu on every page of my web site, TheOceanSeries.com - where it says "Order Calendars", and the thumbnail image of the calendar at the upper right of my index ("home") page also takes you to CafePress.

There's a link to my web site at the bottom of all of my posts to the Forum, as well as in my fM "profile".

I'm trying to make it as easy as possible...
andy tetlow
Extreme poster

Postby andy tetlow » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:00 am

thats what i shall do..love your work..im honoured to have a form of it in my house.
andy tetlow
"I would walk a hundred miles to punch a camel on the nose" -Pedro Gonzalez, cousin of Speedy

http://andytetlow.blogspot.com/
http://www.reverbnation.com/sumit
mjgartistpoet
Extreme poster

Postby mjgartistpoet » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:08 am

Looks so cool - A bit difficult to sell in large quantities if they are only soley available on CafePress - But i understand how expensive it is to get a stock of them printed up. I have just spent over a £1000 getting Giclee prints made up - I have only sold one print so far - sold at cost price to Mom n Dad.
Being an Artist is a hard road but in another way it is the easiest thing to live and love what you believe in.
Sorry i have no suggestions sales wise - apart from getting a stock and going round X mas fairs, shops etc.
I once had X mas cards and poster prints made up and was sponsored by various organisations including the City Council who made up Massive versions as part of the citys Xmas decorations - Even so - In the end i just broke even.But not to worry as at least it gets your work out there and if 60 people bought it then that means all their visitors will also see your work
Again a very cool calendar
Attachments
small 21.jpg
small 21.jpg (11.77 KiB) Viewed 3634 times
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:07 pm

Thanks for the kind words. I've been publishing the calendar every year since 2003, so I don't have any great expectations.

There is one shop in town that might want to sell them, sort of a New-Age / Head shop for millionaires...the problem with that being that CafePress' base price is so high that the shop would have to sell the calendars for more than $20 to make any kind of profit, and I think there's a psychological sticking point, people don't want to pay that much for a calendar. But I'll take one around and make them an offer, what have I got to lose, right? I don't embarrass easily.

So far this year I've sold nine of them. I'm twenty-seven dollars richer.

mjgartistpoet
Extreme poster

Postby mjgartistpoet » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:46 am

Yes agreed Hamlet - Anythings worth a try - A new age headshop for millionaires sounds like one of those mutually exclusive terms - another example being "Police Intelligence" :lol:
Any way hope your successful - Mick
lynnielu
Extreme poster

Postby lynnielu » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:58 am

Police Intelligence

no, that would be an oxymoron :lol:

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

My Calendars at Lulu.com
http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=1586244
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:40 am

An oxymoron? Hmmm... well I live in a town with the second-most millionaires per capita in the USA. (Naples, FL, is #1) and that's how I'd describe this shop. Here's the link, decide for yourself: Elysian Fields

Return to “Graphic design”