To top

The 2008 Ocean Series Wall Calendar

Post design/commercial art oriented graphics here. Logos, ads and the like.
Evie
Extreme poster

Re: The 2008 Ocean Series Wall Calendar

Postby Evie » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:23 am

Hi Guys,

Your calenders are stunning :D Well it's thanks to you Carson that I've cobbled one of my own together and it's thanks to you that I'll be guilting all of my extended family into buying one :wink: :lol: I'll buy one myself first anyway, just to check the quality and that.

Funny, I've also been toying with the idea of self-publishing on Lulu. After all those rejection letters, it seems like the best option - otherwise my novel is destined to live out its days in a drawer :roll: Actually, I've already published a non-fiction title with iUniverse and while they're not free, they do make your work available on all the major sites like Amazon and Barnes & Noble, which helps because it's the marketing that makes it so tough (as I am sure you well know).

Anyway, here's this years Christmas gift, ahem... I mean my 2009 calender :P

http://www.redbubble.com/people/evie3/calendars/1962185-4-2009

PS, I was thinking of targeting offices and small businesses locally - instead of giving a bottle of whiskey to clients at Christmas (this is Ireland!) they could give a calender by a local artist instead! Might be worth a try.
Debbie Adams
Extreme poster

Postby Debbie Adams » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:02 pm

Happy New Year, Carson and very nice calender too. :D
Gary Dee
Extreme poster

Postby Gary Dee » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:13 am

Thought I'd revive this thread for one of our new members interested in calendars & such.
Ann Mi, here you go. :wink:
Art by Gary Dee
Gary Dee's Gallery
Gary Dee Wingo's Original Paintings Portfolio

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" *John Lennon*
Life is not about surviving the storm...its learning to dance in the rain.
Ann-Mi
Passionate poster

Postby Ann-Mi » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:36 am

Thanks Gary.

For some reason, I never actually considered using one of the online printers. They may take a larger chunk of the total (and most of the really interesting ones seem to be located in the US (where I am not)), but at least I don't have to deal with the problems of printing too many copies, mailing them to people, etc... So it's probably an excellent starting point!
This has definitely given me something to think about, and I have enjoyed the discussion in this thread.
Ann-Mi's lairs: Blog | Art gallery
Gary Dee
Extreme poster

Postby Gary Dee » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:22 am

Ann-Mi wrote:in the US (where I am not)),

Then where might you be? :roll:
Art by Gary Dee
Gary Dee's Gallery
Gary Dee Wingo's Original Paintings Portfolio

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" *John Lennon*
Life is not about surviving the storm...its learning to dance in the rain.
sorinapostolescu
Extreme poster

Postby sorinapostolescu » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:50 am

Hi,

Very interesting & nice calendar ! :wink:
I will not be an ordinary man, because I have a right to be extraordinary. (Peter O'Toole)
Sorin
Ann-Mi
Passionate poster

Postby Ann-Mi » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:09 am

Gary Dee wrote:
Ann-Mi wrote:in the US (where I am not)),

Then where might you be? :roll:

:) I can generally be found either in Israel or Finland! Not looking forward to fighting the language barrier here in Israel when it comes to printers...
Ann-Mi's lairs: Blog | Art gallery
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 pm

O I guess I forgot to mention there's a 2011 Ocean Series calendar; it's a little late for that one but look for the 2012 calendar on TheOceanSeries.com next month!
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:51 am

Update: there's no 2012 calendar yet because I want my latest painting to be in there and it won't fit in my car for the trip to the photographer. Now I have a friend in town who drives an enormous SUV so that's a possibility but hope is fading to get the calendar ready before the first of the year. Not many people buy them but I still feel bad about it because of the loyal few who do every year. Plus I normally give a lot of them away for Christmas. Anyway there will be one sometime in January. There will be a Cafe Press version and a new redbubble version.

Return to “Graphic design”