Please enter a valid username

Show Please type a password

Forgot your password?

Please enter your username

Please enter a valid email

Show Please type a password

Lost your password? Enter your email address to reset it.

Please enter a valid email

Back to log-in

Close

Book Covers

Post design/commercial art oriented graphics here. Logos, ads and the like.
Kate Tugwell
New poster

Book Covers

Postby Kate Tugwell » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:28 am

Just been asked to design a book cover for a children's book 8 -11 year old - fiction. Anyone out there got any experience or advice to give? Some good examples of what you 8 -11 year old is reading would be useful, because I don't have an 8 -11 year old to ask.
aderolee
New poster

Re: Book Covers

Postby aderolee » Thu May 06, 2010 1:58 am

I do have the original sony cover I am going to rip it apart later and see if I can get the clip out "intact" and how I might go about installing it into something else like the oberon cover. Once the sketch is ready, you have to scan it. In KDE, you can use Kooka, while GNOME users can try the equally capable XSane.
dvdsetcollection
Substantial poster

Postby dvdsetcollection » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:29 am

That's great !!

---------------------------
The TV division is catastrophe with a bang, sometimes literally, as a amount of accepted shows say dvd one tree hill goodbye, at atomic for the summer. But in some cases, it's conge forever, as Absent and One Tree Hill dvd end their continued runs. Others larboard us cliffhanging until they acknowledgment one tree hill box set next fall. USA TODAY looks at how finer anniversary bid adieu. One Tree Hill dvd Be warned: For admirers still communicable up to the finales, some spoilers lurk below.
angelababy
Substantial poster

Postby angelababy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:50 am

good job! that really fantastic.
jimmy rain77
New poster

Postby jimmy rain77 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:04 am

A book inform is any tutelary hiding utilized to hold together the pages of a playscript. Beyond the informed discrimination between hardcovers and paperbacks, there are advance alternatives and additions, much as dust jackets, ring-binding, and experienced forms specified as the nineteenth-century "paper-boards" and the conventional types of hand-binding. This article is involved with modern mechanically produced covers.
jammypollok
New poster

Postby jammypollok » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:30 pm

It seems that the archetypical machine to initiate windup book-binding was the printer Jorg Schappf, (from City), in portion the Chiromantia, in 1488. Before the immature nineteenth century, books were hand-bound, in the circumstance of wealth medieval manuscripts using materials specified as gilded, medallion and jewels. For hundreds of years, playscript bindings had functioned as a preventative twist for the expensively printed or hand-made pages, and as a ornamental approval to their cultural control. In the 1820s enthusiastic changes began to become in how a volume strength be beaded, with the graduated debut of techniques for mechanistic book-binding. Artifact, and then material, became the commodity materials victimised when books became so affordable

Return to “Graphic design”