To top

hello graphic designers

Post design/commercial art oriented graphics here. Logos, ads and the like.
Tgiles
Substantial poster

hello graphic designers

Postby Tgiles » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:26 pm

did not go to school for graphic design. that said ... please check out my zazzle store and give me some comments so i know whats working and whats not . allready ade some sales but would like to make more ... thnk you
tg

http://www.zazzle.com/tlgaeg
nandesign
New poster

Re: hello graphic designers

Postby nandesign » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:07 pm

Asking for advice - good tool to get interest to your website to buy
Last edited by nandesign on Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tgiles
Substantial poster

Postby Tgiles » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:50 pm

thanks i think....
slamgirl65

Postby slamgirl65 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:35 pm

I'll play nice and give you genuine advice. Designing graphics for merchandise is just as much about composition, color and line as creating art is. You aren't really doing much with the spaces you're working on. As far as those elements are concerned, I liked the skater hat. It would have been more interesting if you'd done something besides just putting a photo on it, but you're atleast using the space that's available to you there. Some of your tees also are a bit text heavy. That can work if your creating a visual heirarchy, but straight lines of small text aren't going to grab anyone's attention. Don't just consider the words and pictures. Consider the concept you want to communicate. What associations can you make back to that concept? What adjectives come to mind when you think of it? Where does it lead you? Write these things down, and also consider the space that you have to work with. You can do different things with different spaces. How is the space on a tee shirt different from the space on a ball cap? You want to pay attention to things like balancing colors and values.

Post something in the art critique forum. There's lots of honest feedback to be had from traditional artists as well.
I'd recomend visiting: http://www.logodesignlove.com/
You should also check out: http://www.designbyhumans.com/
They've got some great design resources.
Mshellee
Passionate poster

Postby Mshellee » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:24 am

Cool Artwork! I tried out Zazzle for several months and not one sale, but good luck! :)
Olix
New poster

Postby Olix » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:49 am

very cool!
Grandaddyearl
Postaholic

Postby Grandaddyearl » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:15 am

Like the massing in your "Salvador". Not sure where you intend to show a graphic design direction for comment in the remaining work. Grandaddyearl
Megan
New poster

Postby Megan » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:40 am

Yes!
I know how you feel. I too have not made any sales of my art anywhere on line, in many years.

Return to “Graphic design”