To top

Type of Clay/material

Learn any tricks of the trade you'd like to pass on? Post them here. Photoshop, Flash, and other tutorials can be found here.
JMO621
Passionate poster

Type of Clay/material

Postby JMO621 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:31 am

I wasn't sure where to post this (thought this section to be best) but I've been wondering about some type of clay I started using again. Honestly, I don't know if it's clay exactly. It's gray in color and very workable even after sitting for about 5 years. I tried firing a small bit awhile ago but it seemed to melt. Any idea how to dry this stuff out and what it is? Thanks.
"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Re: Type of Clay/material

Postby bloodjelly » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:13 am

JMO621 wrote:I wasn't sure where to post this (thought this section to be best) but I've been wondering about some type of clay I started using again. Honestly, I don't know if it's clay exactly. It's gray in color and very workable even after sitting for about 5 years. I tried firing a small bit awhile ago but it seemed to melt. Any idea how to dry this stuff out and what it is? Thanks.

Sounds something like plasticine.

Return to “Art Studio”