Please enter a valid username

Show Please type a password

Forgot your password?

Please enter your username

Please enter a valid email

Show Please type a password

Lost your password? Enter your email address to reset it.

Please enter a valid email

Back to log-in

Close

Reach website vs Other websites

Post questions/tips/code/cutting edge web stuff here.
Uniquely Twistd
New poster
Reach website vs Other websites

Postby Uniquely Twistd » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:49 pm

What would be the advantages/disadvantages of have a REACH website on here vs Having a website elsewhere? I do have my own website and am new to FM so just wondering if it would be the same as what I already have or if they have other benefits...
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Re: Reach website vs Other websites

Postby bloodjelly » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:14 am

Uniquely Twistd wrote:What would be the advantages/disadvantages of have a REACH website on here vs Having a website elsewhere? I do have my own website and am new to FM so just wondering if it would be the same as what I already have or if they have other benefits...

Hi UT -

You can see a comparison to some art site providers here: https://www.foundmyself.com/art-website ... arison.php

Trying to be as objective as possible, I'd say it's a good solution for anyone who wants a fast, reliable, low-maintenance site that looks good out of the box, but doesn't want to go nuts with customization. It's not like Wix, where you can spend forever digging through options and adjusting everything just "so". So that's your advantages/disadvantages there, depending on how you look at it.

I'd encourage you to check out the demo site to get a feel of it. Hope that helps a bit.
Uniquely Twistd
New poster

Postby Uniquely Twistd » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:28 pm

Thank you bloodjelly, I'll check it out :D
MattDavidson
New poster

Postby MattDavidson » Tue May 12, 2020 5:26 am

bloodjelly wrote:
Uniquely Twistd wrote:What would be the advantages/disadvantages of have a REACH website on here vs Having a website elsewhere? I do have my own website and am new to FM so just wondering if it would be the same as what I already have or if they have other benefits...

Hi UT -

You can see a comparison to some art site providers here: https://www.foundmyself.com/art-website ... arison.php" rel="nofollow" rel="nofollow" rel="nofollow" rel="nofollow

Trying to be as objective as possible, I'd say it's a good solution for anyone who wants a fast, reliable, low-maintenance site that looks good out of the box, but doesn't want to go nuts with customization. It's not like Wix, where you can spend forever digging through options and adjusting everything just "so". So that's your advantages/disadvantages there, depending on how you look at it.

I'd encourage you to check out the demo site to get a feel of it. Hope that helps a bit.

Thanks for the source!

Return to “Website Design/Reviews”