To top

Art sales on this site

Post questions/tips/code/cutting edge web stuff here.
Oils by Kim Smith
New poster

Art sales on this site

Postby Oils by Kim Smith » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:40 pm

I've seen some art posted that is marked sold and I'm curious to know if art actually sells on this website, or have they sold at art fairs, galleries...
Has anyone gotten a purchase from this site?
John Marsdon Watkins
Postaholic

Re: Art sales on this site

Postby John Marsdon Watkins » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:32 pm

Most artist especially those that are new to selling should realize that there is 1000,s of competators out there trying to sell. So it is not a easy task .Mostly you have to offer something special and you have to slowly build up a following that likes your style.I have been with FM for years and have sold and do sell my work . The main advantage is I have a FM reach web that reaches out and finds me customers , that is one of the advantages I have that produces . The last time I checked I have had over 12000 hits . Check out my reach web @ http://www.johnwingo.com . I did not do any sales until I asked FM for the reach site . :D
InspiredBohemian
New poster

Postby InspiredBohemian » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:14 am

I think it CAN and WILL work to sell, but we (artists) need to be dedicated to promoting ourselves (the not-so-fun, perhaps) part of being an independent artist.

To Johnwingo who replied above me, here--I just tried to click on you posted and it didn't work? Just thought you should know.
Grandaddyearl
Postaholic

Postby Grandaddyearl » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:15 pm

I agree with John above. Grandaddyearl
janlea
New poster

Postby janlea » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:27 am

I was unable to reach johnwingo's site too. While I am here, can anyone tell me what "avg. rating" means?? I'm fairly new to this site (though I joined several years ago I never used the site) and am curious if that is a vote by other artists or just a ranking given by FM.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:39 am

janlea wrote:I was unable to reach johnwingo's site too. While I am here, can anyone tell me what "avg. rating" means?? I'm fairly new to this site (though I joined several years ago I never used the site) and am curious if that is a vote by other artists or just a ranking given by FM.

That site's not available because it expired. The average vote number is created using votes from other members here - not anything given by the site itself. Hope that helps. :)
janlea
New poster

Postby janlea » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:24 am

yes, thank you

Return to “Website Design/Reviews”