To top

Post your Reach gallery URL here!

Post questions/tips/code/cutting edge web stuff here.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Post your Reach gallery URL here!

Postby bloodjelly » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:33 pm

I know that a bunch of you have set up your Reach gallery already, so feel free to post the full URL to it here. This way search engines will pick it up much faster since we're visited quite frequently by bots. Remember you can also link to it in your profile as your main gallery outside FM. Let's see what you got. 8)
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:08 am

GrubeGallery
Passionate poster

Postby GrubeGallery » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:26 pm

http://www.foundmyself.com/marketing/re ... ubeGallery

hamlet how did you get that url? I'm missing something.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:08 pm

GrubeGallery wrote:http://www.foundmyself.com/marketing/reach/get-gallery.php?u=1455&un=GrubeGallery

hamlet how did you get that url? I'm missing something.

When you left-click the link you posted (to get-gallery.php) you will get an HTML file. That's the file that Hamlet uploaded to his server, and the file that displays the Reach gallery. It only needs to be uploaded once. After that, all changes are made through FM.
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:01 am

Yes, it is very simple, just create a new file (page) at your domain, paste in the code, save the file, and VOILA!.

Practical as well; for example this is a good URL to use when someone is interested in seeing my work at a glance. (My primary web site has almost 60 pages.)

A question: Is it possible to change the order of the thumbnails, or do the latest images posted always appear at the bottom, in the order they were posted?

Also, I was wondering if it's possible to have the title of the Reach gallery be my actual name rather than "hamlet279" without also changing it everywhere else?

Thanks again for giving us this swell gizmo! I love it.

bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:32 am

hamlet279 wrote:A question: Is it possible to change the order of the thumbnails, or do the latest images posted always appear at the bottom, in the order they were posted?

Currently, no.
hamlet279 wrote:Also, I was wondering if it's possible to have the title of the Reach gallery be my actual name rather than "hamlet279" without also changing it everywhere else?

Yep - just change it in the "Title" section of the HTML file and it won't affect the other areas of the site. That way you can fine-tune the site for search engines or anything else you might want.
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:13 pm

OK, I changed
<title>hamlet279's art gallery</title>

to
<title>Carson Collins's art gallery</title>

saved the file on my server, refreshed the page on my browser; it still reads "hamlet279" in big letters at the top of my Reach page. Have a look: http://www.theoceanseries.com/fM.html

What am I missing?

bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:17 pm

hamlet279 wrote:OK, I changed
<title>hamlet279's art gallery</title>

to
<title>Carson Collins's art gallery</title>

saved the file on my server, refreshed the page on my browser; it still reads "hamlet279" in big letters at the top of my Reach page. Have a look: http://www.theoceanseries.com/fM.html

What am I missing?

Oh, when you wrote "title" I thought you meant literally the HTML title, which you did change. The header part and the rest of the website outside the editable HTML is based off your FM information, so unless you want to change your username it will read Hamlet279.
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:45 pm

OK, thanks, yes, now I get it, the html title in the browser did, indeed, change. In order to change the page header I'd have to change my user name on fM from "hamlet279" to "Carson Collins", right?
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:45 pm

hamlet279 wrote:OK, thanks, yes, now I get it, the html title in the browser did, indeed, change. In order to change the page header I'd have to change my user name on fM from "hamlet279" to "Carson Collins", right?

Whoops, I edited your post instead of replying! :oops: Yes, you're right about the username change.

Return to “Website Design/Reviews”