To top

NoBullART offering Free Artist Galleries

Post questions/tips/code/cutting edge web stuff here.
Gemini420
New poster

NoBullART offering Free Artist Galleries

Postby Gemini420 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:48 am

NoBullART is an online community of artists who would like a free venue to promote their artwork to the public.

Artists can create FREE online galleries to showcase, sell, and barter their artwork.

If you would like additional exposure for your artwork, please create a gallery and upload your art.

http://www.nobullart.com

Shane Metler
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Re: NoBullART offering Free Artist Galleries

Postby bloodjelly » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:16 am

Sounds familiar :)
DrayeArt
Extreme poster

Postby DrayeArt » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:57 pm

Oh boy! Another online to join. That will bring me up into the 30s and make my life just a little bit more confusing. Let's do this thing. :lol:
NEW TUTORIAL: GET ANIMATED CLICK HERE
DrayeArt
Extreme poster

Postby DrayeArt » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:09 pm

Gemini420 wrote:Shane Metler

Gotta question for ya, Shane. Why do my credits decrease substantialy between visits? They were at 140 yesterday, and now they're at 115. They seemed to have reduced before, but this time I kept tabs on the number. I would have asked you over there, but could not find a help button.
Gemini420
New poster

Postby Gemini420 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:36 am

Hi Draye,

The Credits that you see are an optional 'currency' that the website uses to reward artist participation within the website. You can think of Credits as 'future visitors' or 'page views' owed to you by NoBullART.

You receive Credits automatically when you upload artwork, leave comments, conduct Art Reviews, and for visiting/logging in to NoBullART, etc. If you have Credits, then your artwork is more likely to be showcased in the Main Gallery and Featured Artwork areas. When visitors view your artwork, your Credits are used up.

This is all optional ... you get Credits automatically, but they are not required. You will be showcased either way. Credits simply increase the chances that your artwork will receive visitors.

If you participate within the website, then the website rewards you with visitors or views to your artwork..

Hope this helps,
Shane
http://www.nobullart.com

P.S. There is a 'Contact' button, at the bottom of every page, and you can always post to the FAQs, etc. I'm glad that you tried the site out! I hope you gain some exposure for your artwork.
DrayeArt
Extreme poster

Postby DrayeArt » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:39 am

Kind of a confusing system, but I get it now. It's almost like you're penalized if someone views your work. I found the help button. New member confusion. :oops:
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:00 am

Gemini420 wrote:You receive Credits automatically when you upload artwork, leave comments, conduct Art Reviews, and for visiting/logging in to NoBullART, etc. If you have Credits, then your artwork is more likely to be showcased in the Main Gallery and Featured Artwork areas.

Sounds really familiar! :lol:
Gemini420
New poster

Postby Gemini420 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:44 pm

Hi Joseph,

You bring up a good point. You were not necessarily penalized for bringing in traffic to your gallery, but I understand how someone could see it that way ...

Why wouldn't the Main Gallery send an equal number of extra 'Credit' visitors to your gallery (in addition to the visitors you drew on your own accord) ... right? The visitors sent by the Credit system should be cumulative to any visitors that you send to your own gallery.

I just changed the Credit system so that visitors going directly to your gallery, or your artwork, are seen as your visitor. That visitor's page views are still counted as page views, but are no longer deducted from your account credits. This is how the Credit system was intended, where only 'public' visitors from the main site are paid back to you, and visitors going directly to your art gallery are not considered.

I didn't really notice that as an issue until you pointed it out, so thanks!

Shane Metler

P.S. Hi BloodJelly, familiar to here ... ? Maybe so. I never knew of foundmyself.com (or a handful of other *similar* free art gallery websites) until about 3 weeks ago, and NoBullART was started about a year ago. Of course now that I've found this site, I joined up. I like it, it is similar to what I built ... but it is different too.
DrayeArt
Extreme poster

Postby DrayeArt » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:13 pm

Actually, Trevor, there's about 4 or 5 sites I'm on that have adopted FoundMyselfian(thought I'd coin a new word) traits. Imitation is the best form of flattery. On one of them, you have to post frequently to the forum, in order to garner credits for uploads. What a tedious process that is. You start out at 7 uploads for free. I'm up to 8 with enough credits for 3 more. One of these days I'm just going to copy and paste the Guttenberg bible and cut to the chase. :lol: Call it the church thread.

Another site I'm on is laid out like a small town, with monthly elections for rulers. I got elected once. You get extra perks during that month.

I guess it can give you something to do while waiting for a sale.
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:04 pm

NoBullART is a great free virtual gallery, very high quality web space, extremely easy to use, offers the possibility of posting huge, hi-rez images, "bio." feature supports HTML code, and I've had a very warm welcome there.

Try it, you'll like it. :D

Return to “Website Design/Reviews”