To top

Redesigned my site

Post questions/tips/code/cutting edge web stuff here.
elektricbunny
Passionate poster

Redesigned my site

Postby elektricbunny » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:49 pm

Nothing too elaborate or complicated. Probably one of my more functional designs. Anyway have a look when you can

http://www.nickelplatednine.tk

Also, if you would like to be added to the links section of my site then let me know. I would be more than happy to add you on.

Bye :)
...rearrange me 'til I'm sane...

"To love oneself is the start of a lifelong romance"
-Oscar Wilde
http://www.nickelplatednine.net
My Official Website
DrayeArt
Extreme poster

Re: Redesigned my site

Postby DrayeArt » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:10 pm

Better. The name "nickelplatednine" works better with hip urban contemporary than leftover Xmas decorations. :lol:

As I've said before, if your hidden, and you post, you kinda blow your cover. :mrgreen:
NEW TUTORIAL: GET ANIMATED CLICK HERE
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:13 pm

Nice and easy to traverse. The only thing that I don't like is how clicking to your paintings changes the layout, but that's not a big deal. Thanks much for the link! 8)
bobthewombat
Passionate poster

Postby bobthewombat » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:58 am

i think it's wonderful.

i do agree with bj about the design change when you view an image.

when you click home from an image, it says the file could not be found, to check the url, and then it shows the ripway hosting site.

i really like the way the bio displays in that little area.

when i click on blog, it doesn't do anything. is the blog the little area off to the left?

i think it would be nice to see a little more information near the add-to-cart buttons... size & what-have-you. it's on the purchasing info page, but for convenience, i mean.

i also think it might be nice to have the navigation menu on the gallery pages, so i could jump from the fractals to the paintings without using the back button. not necessary of course. again, convenience.

i look forward to seeing tutorials :).

i don't mean to sound picky. feel free to ignore anything i've said, and i do think it's a lovely site. if you want to link to me i'd be grateful. i'll send you a pm here shortly on that.

and as always, your pictures are absolutely lovely.
elektricbunny
Passionate poster

Postby elektricbunny » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:24 pm

bobthewombat wrote:i think it's wonderful.

i do agree with bj about the design change when you view an image.

when you click home from an image, it says the file could not be found, to check the url, and then it shows the ripway hosting site.

i really like the way the bio displays in that little area.

when i click on blog, it doesn't do anything. is the blog the little area off to the left?

i think it would be nice to see a little more information near the add-to-cart buttons... size & what-have-you. it's on the purchasing info page, but for convenience, i mean.

i also think it might be nice to have the navigation menu on the gallery pages, so i could jump from the fractals to the paintings without using the back button. not necessary of course. again, convenience.

i look forward to seeing tutorials :).

i don't mean to sound picky. feel free to ignore anything i've said, and i do think it's a lovely site. if you want to link to me i'd be grateful. i'll send you a pm here shortly on that.

and as always, your pictures are absolutely lovely.

Everything you have said has been helpful to me :) I do believe I fixed the link issues. I wasn't even aware that they were messed up. Thank you for looking and for offering your opinions. I will be linking to ur page from mine as well :) thanks you for the constructive criticism b/c it's always welcome.

Thanks to everyone else who looked and/or commented as well
...rearrange me 'til I'm sane...

"To love oneself is the start of a lifelong romance"
-Oscar Wilde
http://www.nickelplatednine.net
My Official Website
bobthewombat
Passionate poster

Postby bobthewombat » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:43 pm

:). i'm setting up a link to you ... as we speak...

Return to “Website Design/Reviews”