To top

Art-3000 online art gallery

Post questions/tips/code/cutting edge web stuff here.
gshv
New poster

Art-3000 online art gallery

Postby gshv » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:22 pm

I wanted to present relatively new online art gallery - http://www.art-3000.com. It's a free online gallery that was created by me for personal use - for me and my wife, but then we opened it to everybody. You're welcome to upload your art-works to the gallery. Registration is free. We would appreciate any suggestions you can provide about the site - either using contact us form on the site, or here.

Gennadiy
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Re: Art-3000 online art gallery

Postby Carson Collins » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:07 pm

Thank you for the opportunity :D :!: I registered today and uploaded 24 images. It's an excellent free web space, my only complaint is that I was unable to figure out how to add dimensions, media, price, and so on to the images.

The image uploader works very quickly and well, and changing file names to titles was easy enough, but I found the rest of the picture management controls completely baffling. Perhaps I'm just being dense; let's hope other fM forum participants will also give it a try. :?

I added a reciprocal link to you on my web page http://www.theoceanseries.com/links.html (alphabetically, it's the first one under "Art-"). :idea:
gshv
New poster

Re: Art-3000 online art gallery

Postby gshv » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:21 pm

Carson Collins wrote:Thank you for the opportunity :D :!: I registered today and uploaded 24 images. It's an excellent free web space, my only complaint is that I was unable to figure out how to add dimensions, media, price, and so on to the images.

You can edit them if you click on the "Edit details (style, price, etc) for all public pictures" link in the member area. You'll get to the page where you can edit details for your first picture. Fill in the details and click "Update". To edit next / previous picture you can click on the "Next" / "Previous" link on the page.

The image uploader works very quickly and well, and changing file names to titles was easy enough, but I found the rest of the picture management controls completely baffling. Perhaps I'm just being dense; let's hope other fM forum participants will also give it a try. :?

No, you're right... We planned two different ways to edit pictures:
  • editing details one by one, where you edit details for one picture, save it, go to the next picture , edit it, and so on. This is implemented on our site. This method is ok when details are edited for the first time. It's inconvenient when only one thing, like style or price, needs to be changed for many pictures.
  • bulk edit, where you can set details for many pictures at once.

The second way of editing pictures is not finished yet. I hope that it will be done in the next two weeks.

I added a reciprocal link to you on my web page http://www.theoceanseries.com/links.html (alphabetically, it's the first one under "Art-"). :idea:

Thank you! That's especially appreciated because we don't require reciprocal links on our site :)

Gennadiy

Return to “Website Design/Reviews”