To top

website - redesign preview

Post questions/tips/code/cutting edge web stuff here.
bobthewombat
Passionate poster

website - redesign preview

Postby bobthewombat » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:13 am

so i'm in the middle of redesigning my site. the main change is going to be the 'shop' part. i've got that page built, and it's up in a separate folder here: http://bobthewombat.com/Test/products.html

i would greatly appreciate it if you could look and if you find any errors, or anything that looks funky or doesn't work right, or that you think could be done better, and let me know.

thanks so much
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Re: website - redesign preview

Postby bloodjelly » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:18 am

Looks good to me. You could probably up the price on those cards a bit. When you do get more of the shop created in the future it might be a nice feature (and you might sell more) by having a "Similar items" or "You might also like" or "People who bought this also bought" type of thing, just so people landing on that page can immediately see what else you've got to offer without going back to the main shop section.
bobthewombat
Passionate poster

Postby bobthewombat » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:39 pm

bloodjelly wrote:When you do get more of the shop created in the future it might be a nice feature (and you might sell more) by having a "Similar items" or "You might also like" or "People who bought this also bought" type of thing, just so people landing on that page can immediately see what else you've got to offer without going back to the main shop section.

that is the intent behind the 'related items' menu off to the right. has it not been working? it doesn't show up in the 'low-res' version, because i don't really have anywhere to put it, but in the default it should be off to the right.

thanks as always for the input:) i appreciate it.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:34 pm

bobthewombat wrote:that is the intent behind the 'related items' menu off to the right. has it not been working? it doesn't show up in the 'low-res' version, because i don't really have anywhere to put it, but in the default it should be off to the right.

I see a "Coming soon" menu, but that's not what I was talking about exactly. I was talking about a simple visual thumbnail of related items right below whatever piece you're viewing. I'm running Firefox 2 at 1920x1200 resolution.
bobthewombat
Passionate poster

Postby bobthewombat » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:56 pm

bloodjelly wrote:
bobthewombat wrote:that is the intent behind the 'related items' menu off to the right. has it not been working? it doesn't show up in the 'low-res' version, because i don't really have anywhere to put it, but in the default it should be off to the right.

I see a "Coming soon" menu, but that's not what I was talking about exactly. I was talking about a simple visual thumbnail of related items right below whatever piece you're viewing. I'm running Firefox 2 at 1920x1200 resolution.

the 'coming soon' menu turns into the related items menu as soon as you click off to another item. or it should anyways. i'm running firefox 2 also... tomorrow i'll take a closer look at it and check it if it's not working right.

the item you see when it loads is the 'featured item', which doesn't register any 'related items'. if you click on any of the thumbnails off to the left (including whatever's currently featured), it should trigger the related items. do you think that menu should be 'related items' from load? i'm hesistant to use onload because there's so many images, and i don't know a another good way to do that (short of hard-coding the related items, which i'm trying to steer clear of).

criticism = good... help me make this better... thanks

Return to “Website Design/Reviews”