To top

REACH website- have a feeling owning a Domain is not enough…

Post questions/tips/code/cutting edge web stuff here.
artworkbySARA
New poster

Postby artworkbySARA » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:07 pm

unless I need that 2 lines of code to enter instead!
cant use download provided doesn’t work
HI GUYS- guess I need Bloodjelly for this one….
I am the proud owner of a domain just purchased thru Yahoo (for 3 yrs in advance)
According to all the literature, which I reread several times to make sure I understood, that is all that is needed to then use FM REACH (as a host I guess?) & post a gallery online.
Soooooooooooooooo
Here’s what I got:
Yahoo Domain
Yahoo “starter page” (otherwise there is an “under construction” page)
1 plain page with basic info inserted into Wizard page
tried downloading to both above pages
tried copying & pasting
NO GO!
REMEMBERED SEEING SOMEWHERE A BIT ABOUT 2 lines of code being entered
I hope I don’t have to buy webhosting as well,as according to all the literature that was not necessary.
Frustrated.
CAN YOU HELP?
If I have to get your package will I also need web hosting separately from Yahoo?
I think you should list afew members who have a website using Reach to show example & clarify
THANKS SARA
CiaoShalomPeace&Love
SARA
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Re: REACH website- have a feeling owning a Domain is not enough…

Postby bloodjelly » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:03 pm

Hi Sara -

For a Reach gallery, you need hosting and a domain, like you said, and it sounds like you have both already. I don't know what plan you're on, or what permissions Yahoo has given you, so I can't tell you if Reach will work with your current setup. All I can tell you is that if you can copy the entire HTML file that you download from the Reach section here to your web server, then you can use the Reach gallery. If you can only edit file contents, you would need to add this to the "HEAD" portion:

Code: Select all

<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="http://www.foundmyself.com/reach/1/4049/" />

...and this to the "BODY":

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.foundmyself.com/reach/0/4049/"></script>

If you've tried that and it doesn't work, I'd get in touch with Yahoo. As for example pages, we do have a thread with a bunch of them. All you need for the Reach gallery is the ability to host a single file. You can see it here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2315

Return to “Website Design/Reviews”