To top

1stARPEx

Post questions/tips/code/cutting edge web stuff here.
3rdARPEx
Substantial poster

1stARPEx

Postby 3rdARPEx » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:22 am

The First Annual Remodernist Painters' Exhibition (1stARPEx) is now on line, and 99% of the bugs now seem to have been worked out.

I must say, getting this expo on line was about 1,000 times more difficult and time-consuming than I thought it would be when I first promised Matt Bray that I would do it, months ago. O well; we live and we learn.

Doing this project has given me even greater respect for Trevor "bloodjelly" Hunt, and the absolutely enormous amount of time and energy that he devotes to making fM the truly great free art web site that it is. Thanks, Trevor, for providing the 'Reach' gallery feature that is such an integral part of the 1stARPEx.

Readers of this discussion are invited to check it out; questions, comments, suggestions, and constructive criticism are, as always, most welcome.

Also, I'd like to invite anyone who's interested in linking to the 1stARPEx to please do so. Use this URL: http://www.theoceanseries.com/1stARPExentry.html. As soon as I get a dozen or so links from artists and art groups (apart from the 31 artists besides myself who are actually featured in the expo) I will put a target on the 'entry' page leading to a separate 'links' page and provide a reciprocal link.

Please do consider linking to the 1stARPEx; this will benefit both link partners, as the links will raise 1stARPEx's rank in the search engines (which is already quite high - I write pretty good "spider food"), and it will greatly increase traffic to your site.
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Re: 1stARPEx

Postby Carson Collins » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:10 am

Wow! My offer to exchange links with the 1stARPEx certainly has resulted in a spontaneous burst of apathy.

I wonder if that’s because folks don’t want to be associated with Remodernism, don’t understand the importance of link popularity in promoting themselves, or are just too lazy to bother about it.

I suppose this will remain, for me, a mystery (like most of the behavior of the human species).
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:14 pm

I would guess most people don't think it will help them much, or don't have a link to exchange in the first place. If you get each of the artists participating in your Remodernism site to ask their friends/fellow posters, then maybe you'll be getting somewhere.
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:34 am

Anyone who's a member of fM has a link to exchange; for example, mine would be http://www.foundmyself.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10051.

The same goes for all of the 250 members of the RPG; each of us also has our own page there to link to. For example, mine is http://www.redbubble.com/people/hamlet279.

And, as moderator of the group, I have pointed this out to them, more than once.

No, I'm afraid that the problem goes deeper than that. The human species is, for the most part, totally apathetic. No matter. We'll be extinct soon, as a result of our own incredible folly, and the planet will heave a sigh of relief.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:24 pm

Carson Collins wrote:No, I'm afraid that the problem goes deeper than that. The human species is, for the most part, totally apathetic. No matter. We'll be extinct soon, as a result of our own incredible folly, and the planet will heave a sigh of relief.

Or it could be that people don't think missing a link exchange is the end of the world. ;)
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:37 pm

Or it could be that nobody gives a sweet jump at a rat's ass in hell about much of anything these days - which is hardly surprising, considering the mess that we've gotten ourselves into.

Whatever. I was just offering a free opportunity for folks to promote their artwork. As Dottie Parsons famously remarked, (when asked, at a dinner party, to make up a sentence using the word "horticulture"), "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make her think."
Debbie Adams
Extreme poster

Postby Debbie Adams » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:34 am

:lol: :lol:
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:05 pm

Debbie,
All 4 of your links have been added to the 1stARPEx LINKS page 8)
Debbie Adams
Extreme poster

Postby Debbie Adams » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:19 pm

How?
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:53 pm

Just go to The 1stARPEx and click on "Links" at the bottom of the page.

Your 4 links are at the bottom of the page, because they were the most recent to be added.

If there's anything you'd like to add or change, just contact me via this discussion or send me a Private Message at fM.

Return to “Website Design/Reviews”