To top

ASP.Net is what you call Microsoft's limitations.

Post questions/tips/code/cutting edge web stuff here.
CoffeeAndSmokes
Postaholic

ASP.Net is what you call Microsoft's limitations.

Postby CoffeeAndSmokes » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:17 am

Hi all :D

Have been out for awhile doing things out of the ordinary, but for once came to a sudden pitfall upon Microsoft's lack of support. You see, I am developing a VB application editor concerning horse pedigrees and so far on has been successful.

The situation arises when I am using Visual Web Developer 2008 to develop a website with SQL Server 2008, as to which horse pedigrees resides in the database. But to use ASP.Net is what you would expect from a somewhat childish common datasource types as to a more simplified and extensible as to what Visual Basic Express Edition stand for.

Let me put it to you this way.
A horse pedigree genetics may prove... (even you, Microsoft), of a duplicate of two between a succession of removes, e.g. pedigree x (5 Removes)^2.
To simplify tables to a decent size, I have chosen a more realistic attitude of copying a pedigree table and dynamically associating the object/s through a DataSet. Seems good so far as to when the output of the application editor unfolds as to a flat database again.

Now it comes to the crunch.... (Microsoft gritting their teeth for the worst... :evil: )

ASP.Net in it's hope and glory to the outside world, have no notion to whats happening within and to a SQL Server which is totally incompatible with ASP.Net certainly holds no promise.... Especially a horse pedigree database......
Yes, but I have no ill-gotten feelings for the fact that some programmers would like a simple RAD datasource like SQLDataSource, ObjectDataSource, LinqDataSource and EntityDataSource. Coupling with the likes of DataSets, LinqtoSQLClasses and EntityDataModels have all been given the same possibilities except for one that's explicitally applied that, whosoever cut and paste multiple tables in object designer should be an error with shock and horror to match.

Here are some questions
1. Why Microsoft cannot produce a datasource that cannot comply with ASP.Net but certainly can with VB?
2. Is Microsoft is so stupid to suggest that a horse pedigree application must have all the specified tables intact... (enormous)... just to please the holy datasource?
3. Bullshit.

C&S.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Re: ASP.Net is what you call Microsoft's limitations.

Postby bloodjelly » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:37 am

CoffeeAndSmokes wrote:Here are some questions
1. Why Microsoft cannot produce a datasource that cannot comply with ASP.Net but certainly can with VB?
2. Is Microsoft is so stupid to suggest that a horse pedigree application must have all the specified tables intact... (enormous)... just to please the holy datasource?
3. Bullshit.

1. It's Microsoft.
2. It's MICROSOFT!
3. Of course, see 1 & 2

Any time for art these days or just pounding of fists? :wink: Good to see you back! :D
CoffeeAndSmokes
Postaholic

Postby CoffeeAndSmokes » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:43 am

Hi BJ :wink:

Thanks and all excluded, exclusively....

C&S.
CoffeeAndSmokes
Postaholic

Postby CoffeeAndSmokes » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:54 am

Oh, and by the way, I have some interesting snippets to introduce Microsoft's demise in their fame and glory.
http://forums.asp.net/t/1452231.aspx
Just letting out suppressive steam for the geeks to learn true meaning to us all.

If they succeed = "I have a website, yay." :D

If I succeeded = Microsoft wins.
If they reproduce all of the assemblies, there is a chance for us both and others.

C&S

Return to “Website Design/Reviews”