To top

The new Reach 2 art websites

Post questions/tips/code/cutting edge web stuff here.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

The new Reach 2 art websites

Postby bloodjelly » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:58 am

Details on the new Reach 2 art websites
Lighter, faster, more powerful and still free!

Hi guys! I'm happy to announce that after quite a bit of behind-the-scenes work,
Reach art websites have been updated to version 2! Here's a list of the biggest changes, starting with the speed:

(Click to enlarge)

For large galleries especially, the new Reach is quite a bit smaller and peppier. It loads your art on demand rather than all up front, so less waiting for your visitors. The graph above shows a site with 28 images in one album. After the initial load, the site will come up almost instantly. Here's the rundown of the biggest changes:

• Faster loading
  • Ability to zoom in on images
  • Ability to create custom pages and sections
    Blog, poetry, whatever you'd like
  • Bookmarkable pages/back button support
  • Support for linking your favorite social sites
    (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, FM :))
  • Mobile browser support
    (iPhone, Android, Blackberry etc.)
  • Support for more interactive and modern styles

New style - "Midnight Moon"
We're kicking off Reach 2 with this clean and understated gallery style. More styles coming soon!

For current Reach users
Your art site should look the same as it did before the switch, since the changes were almost entirely to the back end (no snickering please). There are a few styles that won't display custom pages, and are basically legacy styles. Essentially they still run on Reach version 1. They are:
  • Jam
  • Sophis
  • Flash modern dark
  • Flash pro clean
Jam and Sophis might be updated to Reach 2 if there's demand, but because of how they were built they need complete overhauls. The Flash sites might also be updated if there's a call for it. As it is they display the other stuff quite well, so they'll continue to be available. Current paying subscribers have been upgraded free of charge.

A few more things
All members are entitled to a free downloadable version of their own Reach website. You can also change styles at that link, which can later be found by going to the drop down menu (our logo on the top left) > Reach websites.

If you don't have the ability or desire to set up the site yourself you can purchase a Reach art website from us and we'll do all the work. Better yet, for listening to my ramblings, you can get a $10 discount on your first year's subscription by clicking that link...

...like that ^

Thanks and enjoy!

(Style preview image from 3rdARPEx)
MiChelleAngella
Extreme poster

Re: The new Reach 2 art websites

Postby MiChelleAngella » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:31 am

My site isn't showing anything now though.. is this temporary? or something I should do to get back the images there? [crossing fingers it comes back soon, because someone wants to order a few more artworks from me and I had given my Reach site info where they can order from-
http://www.michelle-angella.com/
mjgartistpoet
Extreme poster

Postby mjgartistpoet » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:52 am

Wow great work Trevor - the new features open up so many more possibilities.
I am real busy at mo but will be loading new pages
Thanks for all your work it is much appreciated.
Mick
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:46 am

MiChelleAngella wrote:My site isn't showing anything now though.. is this temporary? or something I should do to get back the images there? [crossing fingers it comes back soon, because someone wants to order a few more artworks from me and I had given my Reach site info where they can order from-
http://www.michelle-angella.com/

Hi Michelle -

Your site comes for me. Have you tried a simple refresh? I've PMed you for more info too so we can figure this out.
mjgartistpoet
Extreme poster

Postby mjgartistpoet » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:34 pm

I'm able to get Michelle's site too
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:47 pm

mjgartistpoet wrote:I'm able to get Michelle's site too

Cool thanks. She got it going on her end too. It had something to do with Internet Explorer. Gotta love Microsoft.
MiChelleAngella
Extreme poster

Postby MiChelleAngella » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:03 pm

mjgartistpoet wrote:I'm able to get Michelle's site too

Thanks for checking Mick.. [it's on now since Trevor fixed it]..
[IE7 is just crappy]
mjgartistpoet
Extreme poster

Postby mjgartistpoet » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:13 am

Your Welcome Michelle.
Clide Course
Passionate poster

Postby Clide Course » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:14 pm

Hey just wanted to say the new reach sites look great...however (there's always a however isn't there) when i view it on my or other peoples iphone the background which should be white is black (i think im using the Clean White format) and things dont line up on the page as they did before, also i had a problem deleting catagories in the fm reach website editing section. just thought you guys would appreciate the heads up. Thanks for all your hard work, Cheers!

http://www.clidecourse.com/
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:21 pm

Clide Course wrote:Hey just wanted to say the new reach sites look great...however (there's always a however isn't there) when i view it on my or other peoples iphone the background which should be white is black (i think im using the Clean White format) and things dont line up on the page as they did before, also i had a problem deleting catagories in the fm reach website editing section. just thought you guys would appreciate the heads up. Thanks for all your hard work, Cheers!

Hi - the mobile version currently defaults to the style you saw on the iPhone. There aren't mini versions of each style, although a white version might be in order. What was the problem you had deleting categories?

Return to “Website Design/Reviews”