To top

What Not To Do When Designing a Website

Post questions/tips/code/cutting edge web stuff here.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Re: What Not To Do When Designing a Website

Postby bloodjelly » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:25 am

Lorena Shiffer wrote:Hello, can our Reach website be adjusted to the dis-allow right click option? How does one do that? Can that option be added to just any website?
Thank you, Lorena

Hi Lorena -

That's one of the "don't dos" in the original post, and I have to agree that it gives a false sense of security. Some more info if you're interested:

Once someone has viewed the image on their computer, they've downloaded it. That being said, I can add right-click disabling to your site if you'd really like it. ;)
creativerica
New poster

Postby creativerica » Tue May 08, 2018 12:09 pm

I totally agree with that flash thing, I prefer javascript, but I would also say that you should not include on you website those analytics that come from sites that offer them for free because they will usually contain a lot of links and redirects so it will slow down the site performance and SEO. I would stick to analytics.
For web design, i think every company needs to also have very good color combinations so their brand matches their web design. Thats my opinion! Does anyone here have a good recent web design 2 share? :D
John Marsdon Watkins
Postaholic

Postby John Marsdon Watkins » Sun May 13, 2018 5:51 am

GOOD MORNING ,just a few words about web site design .
I find it so very hard to design a web site that i imagine in my mind . I know what i want it to look like and how it should present itself to the public .My goal is to develop the perfect site for my unique work . I do not like to use templets to develop it , i prefer to make my own .So i am searching looking for a way to do this & get a professional site without the high cost . Any suggestions is appr. :D :D :D
John Marsdon Watkins
Postaholic

Postby John Marsdon Watkins » Thu May 17, 2018 4:03 am

GOOD MORNING , Lets talk web sites & how to create . I have been with Fm for many years & love it because of the unique features it gives us . Some years ago i had a reach web site and loved it very much . It gave you the option of many sites to choose from that fit most all needs . We could easy transfer from my canvas to the reach web site that made it quick to load and maintain . I would love to have a chance to renew that reach site .The new format does not work for me. Yes i am searching ,will i find ??? have a good day everyone :D :D :D
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Thu May 17, 2018 4:50 pm

John Marsdon Watkins wrote:GOOD MORNING , Lets talk web sites & how to create . I have been with Fm for many years & love it because of the unique features it gives us . Some years ago i had a reach web site and loved it very much . It gave you the option of many sites to choose from that fit most all needs . We could easy transfer from my canvas to the reach web site that made it quick to load and maintain . I would love to have a chance to renew that reach site .The new format does not work for me. Yes i am searching ,will i find ??? have a good day everyone :D :D :D

Hi John - the old Reach is being retired in favor of the new one, which is more customizable, SEO-friendly, and feature-rich. That being said though I'll PM you to discuss, since it's a little off-topic in this particular thread. ;)
John Marsdon Watkins
Postaholic

Postby John Marsdon Watkins » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:53 am

I have read all this info ,but i am confused . I have a reach web site , love the foremat but i do not get any customers from it . May be Fm needs to imput suggested features into the reach web site ??? or is it something else that is not working . I sell a great deal of my product on other web sites .It actually looks like the Reach site does not work at all ? Any one else have a answer ? or suggestion .
maregaa
New poster

What Not To Do When Designing a Website

Postby maregaa » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:34 am

What sort of question is this, most websites use HTML just to function, Why ask so silly questions?
verage
New poster

Postby verage » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:44 am

Thanks for these suggestions but decided to go with a website builder where there are all the templates from the pros instead of designing mine. Also comes with the website and features already for an affordable price compared to all the hours spent designing a website.

Gonna build a website using https://www.hPage.com :D

Return to “Website Design/Reviews”