- › Oil painting - Autumn River (8)
- › Watercolor Pencil Painting (4)
- › New oil painting (9)
- › Full-length watercolor tutorial vid... (3)
- › Just in a Blah mood can't paint (6)
- › Hello to all at Foundmyself.com (5)
- › International Call for Artists for ... (1)
- › favorite music (38)
- › Oil painting techniques (3)
- › Highest Rated Piece (3)
Thank you in advance
Have you any further information e.g. budget, what quality is required?
I expect if you are photographing your paintings you will want the camera to be of sufficient quality to capture the details but this can be achieved to a satisfactory level with a simple compact camera and good lighting. Personally I shoot my paintings with a canon 600d which is an entry level DSLR.
While either a Canon or a Nikon can do the job, like said by ashyc3, it depends on the budget. Before I got my Nikon, I used a pawned Fujifilm DSLR. It worked for photographing art in good lighting, but it just depends on how much you want to spend. I have a Nikon D3400, but I also do photography, so I would recommend getting a smaller, less expensive camera if you're just photographing art.
Hope that helps - also, the fujifilm is for sale (wink wink)
Nikon Coolpix would serve the purpose already. No need for fancy DSLRs
But yeah, Cannon G7x will do. Also if you wanna do Youtube, it's a nice beginner camera.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest