To top

Crit-eeek!

Digital or traditional, playful or serious. Post your photos here.
julieschon
New poster

Re: Crit-eeek!

Postby julieschon » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:39 pm

Nice contrast. This is great.
lookingatthebigsky
Extreme poster

Postby lookingatthebigsky » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:31 pm

It's a cool photo, but I hate them bloody street lamps!

Horrible things in every town west of the Shannon. Yuk!
Evie
Extreme poster

Postby Evie » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:25 am

Thanks Julie :D

I hate them bloody street lamps!

Really? I like them - think they look elegant. (Typical Jackeen :roll: :lol: ). Have to say well done on your interpretation of the 7th Wave - from a fellow Kate Bush fan :wink:
alanminshull
Extreme poster

Postby alanminshull » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:37 am

Kate Bush Rocks!! lol

Evie, I think the composition in your photo here is great, the eye immediately follows the street lamp up to the church spire and its nicely edge with the trees, bushes, add to that a serene sky, looks like morning or early evening and you have a wonderful photo. I LOVE monotone pics, they are so much more moody and atmospheric than color (Sometimes)

Photography is indeed an art form, because we are again creating something with a tool, like a paintbrush, a camera is only as good as the person who handles it.

Well done my friend:)
"Why do we call our planet, planet Earth, when it is almost entirely covered in water"? Arthur C. Clarke.
andy tetlow
Extreme poster

Postby andy tetlow » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:01 am

im with you Evie, on this one...when you live in a town that only has the reinforced concrete lamposts....you get to apreciate something with a bit of finesse....
not that im some sort of lamp-post spotter, of course... :twisted: :lol:
andy tetlow
"I would walk a hundred miles to punch a camel on the nose" -Pedro Gonzalez, cousin of Speedy

http://andytetlow.blogspot.com/
http://www.reverbnation.com/sumit
SharsArt
Extreme poster

Postby SharsArt » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:29 am

Definitely a HIT. Count me as a 'fan' of this shot! :D I like everything about it & think you're very lucky to live in an area with such beautiful structures & scenery. It's a great shot, congratulations!
lookingatthebigsky
Extreme poster

Postby lookingatthebigsky » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:00 am

Evie wrote:Thanks Julie :D

I hate them bloody street lamps!

Really? I like them - think they look elegant. (Typical Jackeen :roll: :lol: ).

Oh dear, one Jackeen and one Culchie on the board an already a tribal civil war breaks out! You see this is why we are sterotyped as a nation of brawling trouble makers. You're letting down the side woman.

LOL! no THIS is is an elegant (Jackeen) street lamp.

*blows on Jackeen fingernails and mouth "rapah" in his commonest 'Nortsoide' accent.*

Evie wrote:Have to say well done on your interpretation of the 7th Wave - from a fellow Kate Bush fan :wink:

Thanks, I absolutely adore Kate Bush's music. 'Hounds of Love' is to me the greatest album of all time with 'The Sensual World' close behind. She is a genius to the point were I can hardly imagine a human being with any more talent than Kate Bush.
Last edited by lookingatthebigsky on Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
lookingatthebigsky
Extreme poster

Postby lookingatthebigsky » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:09 am

andy tetlow wrote:im with you Evie, on this one...when you live in a town that only has the reinforced concrete lamposts....you get to apreciate something with a bit of finesse....

I guess. It's just that there must be millions of them in Ireland we just take them for granted.

Alright, then I accept they are not so bad...*muter-mutter*

Fair enough. Round One to the Eviefaction Culchie/Townie Infrastructure Society. I take back my baised viewpoint.
andy tetlow
Extreme poster

Postby andy tetlow » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:26 am

:lol: :lol: i will never look at a lamp-post the same again..... :lol:
andy tetlow
"I would walk a hundred miles to punch a camel on the nose" -Pedro Gonzalez, cousin of Speedy

http://andytetlow.blogspot.com/
http://www.reverbnation.com/sumit
Evie
Extreme poster

Postby Evie » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:59 am

Relax the cacks, will ya??!!! (my best immitation Dub accent) I'm not going to start a tribal war over a lampost (although I'd say you've argued with a few in your time :lol: :lol: ).
Thanks Alan - I agree, monochrome can be very atmospheric and melancholic. And you're right Sharla, eventhough I moaned about moving to this small town outside my spiritual home of Galway, I'm now finding the beauty in it and appreciating it 8) I've taken a few more photos since and might just Evify the place :P

Return to “Photography”