To top

New to photography

Digital or traditional, playful or serious. Post your photos here.
Ulysses
New poster

New to photography

Postby Ulysses » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:47 pm

Being very new to photography I recently purchased a new camera for my road trips for work.

After playing around with them, I was able to come up with this panoramic view of a canyon out in Twin Falls, ID.

Please let me know what you think, being new I am always wanting to improve, both on the actual photography taking and the work afterwords.

http://jlesko.com/wp-content/images/art/twinfalls_high.jpg is the direct link
Last edited by Ulysses on Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Re: New to photography

Postby bloodjelly » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:17 pm

Welcome to FM! The link you posted didn't work, but here's the file in your gallery, right? I like the river and paths going through it as they draw my eyes into the scene. Did you adjust color this at all? There's a green cast to the whole shot. Overall though I like the scene.

The one cool thing about digis is that you can take thousands of photos and learn while not spending an extra cent. I recommend just taking it with you wherever you go. I've kicked myself too many times for not bringing the camera when I had meant to, and then missing that perfect shot.
Ulysses
New poster

Postby Ulysses » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:55 pm

Doh, fixed the link, hope that helps.

there was actually quite a lot I did to it. I was trying to go for a semi-painted look rather than a digital photo look. If you view full size, I think I somewhat was able to do this.
angelababy
Substantial poster

Postby angelababy » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:56 am

There's a green cast to the whole shot. Overall though I like the scene.

Return to “Photography”