To top

NEW TO PHOTOGRAPHY

Digital or traditional, playful or serious. Post your photos here.
LeonelPozuelos
Passionate poster

NEW TO PHOTOGRAPHY

Postby LeonelPozuelos » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:33 pm

hello I'm brand new to the subject of photography I have a couple of B&W classic photos, photographed using a 70's camera please check them out, and let me know if I have potential. Of course I'm very open minded. :D
POZUELOS Legacy
Huggertwo1
Postaholic

Re: NEW TO PHOTOGRAPHY

Postby Huggertwo1 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:11 am

When you want people the check something out you should make it easy as possible. What I mean is right under the" words check these out" place the items on the page. Most people that frequent forums don't really want to go clicking around for something. So if you really want the biggest bang for your buck always post the photo of the item directly under "check these out"
Photo by Leonel Pozuelos
If you are going to do something do it right or don't do it at all.
http://www.foundmyself.com/gallery/index.php?cat=32940
LeonelPozuelos
Passionate poster

Postby LeonelPozuelos » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:04 pm

Thank-you for the advice
POZUELOS Legacy
printbucket
Substantial poster

Postby printbucket » Tue May 15, 2012 10:23 pm

There's a bit of potential there, although I agree with Huggertwo1. Make sure to make the photo easily available for the rest of us. Anyway, you have the talent. Keep it up.
Lorena Shiffer
Postaholic

Postby Lorena Shiffer » Wed May 16, 2012 1:40 pm

The use of a silhouette and back lighting is a wonderful style and technique. The profile of the woman is interesting, although perhaps cropped a little too tightly on the back of her head. The REFLECTION OF THE SILHOUETTE of the chairs in the sheen of the table is really cool. When ever you make an image or are preparing to shoot. Ask yourself is there any thing in the image that does not add to the image; or might even be a distraction? The object between the two chairs that sticks up like a 2x4 or a round cylinder...does it add or distract? When ever you are shooting look at every thing that you are not shooting. The camera see's the focal point that is impelling you to capture the image with the same attention and detail as the telephone pole that appears to stick out of the top of the head of the person you are shooting. We shoot images with our heart, our emotion Use your eye to discern the totally of the image, foreground, middle ground and in the yonder distance.
Lorena Shiffer
Postaholic

Postby Lorena Shiffer » Sun May 27, 2012 11:45 am

x
Last edited by Lorena Shiffer on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeonelPozuelos
Passionate poster

Postby LeonelPozuelos » Sun May 27, 2012 7:52 pm

Yes I have, thank you sorry I didn't reply sooner, i appreciate criticism I never really sold any of my art yet, nor have I ever been truly trained or taught by proffesionals so its I finally get to hear from the people
POZUELOS Legacy
Lorena Shiffer
Postaholic

Postby Lorena Shiffer » Sun May 27, 2012 9:13 pm

thx for response! Check out my images what do you feel about them? The "rules" of comostion can be googled if you are interested. I have sold my photos and art and I taught photography for many years. My photo style in my mind is different then many I have seen. I don't do landscapes nor action photography. Mostly I am a people watcher, observer and I like collecting old time images that are passing out of this world. Lately I have been shooting triptychs of abstrations in line, shape, form and color... but none are posted as yet
LeonelPozuelos
Passionate poster

Postby LeonelPozuelos » Sun May 27, 2012 11:10 pm

You know i only took photography once in college, called Los Angeles Valley College to obtain high school credits, since i was behind in my elective classes. I took photography 101, and fortunately i had an old 1978 camera Canon I was taught by a respect photographer Roderick Lyons. Took a couple of shots and developed them myself in the campus studio, and he quickly saw that i've had some experience in this before, i told him not really in photography but i do use alot of rules in my artworks i.e paintings, drawings etc. I understood composition , rules of third, top, bottom, left, right heavy before i studied photography
POZUELOS Legacy
Lorena Shiffer
Postaholic

Postby Lorena Shiffer » Mon May 28, 2012 8:12 am

Cool!

Return to “Photography”