To top

Altered Art Game

Waste of time? Heck no. Play and start your forum games here.
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Altered Art Game

Postby Carson Collins » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:41 am

I really don't know if here is the appropriate place to propose a Contest, so, Trevor, please feel free to relocate or delete this. Maybe it should be in "Forum Games"? But those are all verbal it seems.

I propose a VISUAL game called "Altered Art". The idea is to take a famous, or at least fairly well-known painting (or other iconic image - like a $50 bill for example) and mess around with it in an amusing way.

Come to think of it, it would be a terrific goof to for us mess around with each others artwork in the same way, like, for example, putting a bathing beauty or the sinking of the Titanic into one of my Ocean Series images. Or a big jet airliner in the sky...
Or - General Custer taking aim at one of Gary Dee's Native Americans! A great big tacky high-rise tourist hotel in the middle of someone's lovely, idyllic tropical landscape!...the possibilities are endless. (Feel free to steal any of my ideas, by the way. I'd be honored.)

Entries should be as irreverent, subversive, disrespectful, ironic, and (let's hope) funny as possible, IMO, but do whatever suits your fancy with the means and materials at hand.

Does anyone else think that this would be fun?

Here's my entry:

Judas Starts a Food Fight
Last edited by Carson Collins on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
alanminshull
Extreme poster

Re: Contest Proposal

Postby alanminshull » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:44 am

:lol: :lol: Carson, Hamburgers will fly!! :lol: :lol:
A fantastic idea bud, I will start work on this straight away haha :lol:

Here is my take on 'The Scream'..

"Why do we call our planet, planet Earth, when it is almost entirely covered in water"? Arthur C. Clarke.
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Re: Altered Art Game

Postby Carson Collins » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:39 am

Yeah! That's what I'm talking about! Image
Last edited by Carson Collins on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
alanminshull
Extreme poster

Postby alanminshull » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:44 am

Carson Collins wrote:Yeah! That's what I'm talking about! Image

Carson, I have always wondered, what is your take on the feminine character in the painting you posted, is it a woman in your opinion? Some say its Mary Magdalene.
"Why do we call our planet, planet Earth, when it is almost entirely covered in water"? Arthur C. Clarke.
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:55 am

Yes, I've heard that scholarly opinion before, and it certainly is at least plausible. I confess that I really am not intelligent enough to truly "get" Leonardo da Vinci, the world's most legendary super-genius' artwork.

Also, the materials used in this mural were experimental, and in the long run it decayed ruinously. Poor old Leo's original work has been "restored" so many times over the centuries - sometimes, it is said, badly - that, really, little of the physical remains, and it's impossible to know exactly what subtleties the original version actually had. :cry:
Last edited by Carson Collins on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
alanminshull
Extreme poster

Postby alanminshull » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:11 am

Carson Collins wrote:Yes, I've heard that scholarly opinion before, and it certainly is at least plausible. I confess that I really am not intelligent enough to truly "get" Leonardo da Vinci, the world's most legendary super-genius' artwork.

Also, the materials used in this mural were experimental, and in the long run it decayed ruinously. Poor old Leo's original work has been "restored" so many times over the centuries - sometimes, it is said, badly - that, really, little of the physical remains, and it's impossible to know exactly what subtleties the original version actually had. :cry:

Quite true, I think I remember seeing the original somewhere online as it is.. All the colors have faded and its such a shame, but to try and restore it would be a disaster I suppose..
Anyway, looking forward to more wonderful warped piccys here hahaha
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:44 am

In fact it has been restored again very recently and most experts agree that the folks who worked on it did a masterful job.

It's hard to imagine now, but "The Last Supper" was not always revered as it is today. Believe it or not, at one point they actually cut a door through it during a remodel. :shock:
Last edited by Carson Collins on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
MiChelleAngella
Extreme poster

Postby MiChelleAngella » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:50 am

Here is my entry -

"Mary, you wanna?" <--
"Adam, pass it on the left hand side".
Last edited by MiChelleAngella on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Carson Collins
Extreme poster

Postby Carson Collins » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:35 am

Image I love it! And it's so very logical, in terms of the Creation story; of course ganja grew in the garden of f'n Eden, right? How could it have been otherwise? :?: :idea:
MiChelleAngella
Extreme poster

Postby MiChelleAngella » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:44 am

haha of course it was in the garden of eden, that's why there was bliss.
btw, if the title is spoken very fast, it will reveal the mystery-
"mary-you-wanna".
Last edited by MiChelleAngella on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Forum games”