Please enter a valid username

Show Please type a password

Forgot your password?

Please enter your username

Please enter a valid email

Show Please type a password

Lost your password? Enter your email address to reset it.

Please enter a valid email

Back to log-in

Close

Do you guys consider this "art"

Talk about the site, your eye color, veggie preference, whatever. New members - don't be shy - introduce yourselves here.
erizz
New poster

Do you guys consider this "art"

Postby erizz » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:19 pm

Hey everyone,

I recently came across this: http://www.nobofeed.com/man-about-town/ ... otography/

Do you really think this can be classified and considered as art? The photographer considers herself an artist, but to me it just feels...fake. It's like a gimmick...the main point she makes in her photos feels like "look at me, I'm attractive and naked". Without that, there's nothing to the photos. But she definitely is doing something different.

What I think? Not art. Curious to hear what you all think about this.
kah wah tan
Passionate poster

Re: Do you guys consider this "art"

Postby kah wah tan » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:08 am

Yes.....No.....Maybe....in this new world.....everything is art if one says so....
Wendy Allen
Substantial poster

Postby Wendy Allen » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:33 am

Not creative or unique just photos with naked poses I guess photography is a form of art.
43ronny
New poster

Postby 43ronny » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:00 am

BogStandad wrote:WTF is art anyway?

When Picasso died a rag was found in his studio that he used to clean his hands. It was framed and sold for a rediculous amount of money! So yeah, WTF is art and who decides that it is art?
Lorena Shiffer
Postaholic

Postby Lorena Shiffer » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:14 am

In truth is not art defined by the person that creates it? Whether it is judged as art or trash is only in the eyes of the viewer. Personally there is ton's of art out there that I do not "appreciate" and I would not want to even inflict on my canary, to line his cage. However I have learned in critiques, to appreciate technique, use of materials, interpretation of emotions. Therefore I can look at art I do not visually appreciate and applaud the effort that went into it. In addition, all true artists evolve and change and their skills at the start of their journey vs the end.
a cameron
New poster

Postby a cameron » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:16 pm

I would say absolutely. If you think it is easy to just stand in NYC, naked as the day you were born for a photo, maybe you should try it yourself. Sure, it is a little bit of "look at me, I'm naked!" But isn't art created to be looked at? And the fact that she is naked in an environment which could turn hostile (cops tend to frown on that sort of thing) adds a certain edge to her vulnerability, and makes it a little bit shocking even. Someone--I forget who just now--once said if a piece of artwork shocks and offends some people, then the artist is doing their job.
So, yeah, I would consider this to be art.
SharsArt
Extreme poster

Postby SharsArt » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:34 pm

Since I'm not a photographer, I do not feel qualified to critique or define the works.

However, as an 'artist' in the broad sense of the term, I'd have to agree that in that same broad sense, that indeed, everything is art. Yet, I do believe that while everything is 'art' not all art is 'good' art. :D

BTW, would I not be correct in saying that the person creating the photo, not the subject in the photo is the artist (unless of course, they are one of the same)?
CJBArtworks

Postby CJBArtworks » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:22 am

Sorry if I'm reviving an old thread, but I just couldn't help myself. These photos are sort of artistically questionable... But not as much as THIS! http://twentytwowords.com/canvas-painted-blue-with-a-white-line-sells-for-nearly-44-million-4-pictures/
I mean... What the hell!? a $44M blue ping pong table!? :roll:
Mshellee
Passionate poster

Postby Mshellee » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:17 am

CJBArtworks wrote:Sorry if I'm reviving an old thread, but I just couldn't help myself. These photos are sort of artistically questionable... But not as much as THIS! http://twentytwowords.com/canvas-painted-blue-with-a-white-line-sells-for-nearly-44-million-4-pictures/
I mean... What the hell!? a $44M blue ping pong table!? :roll:

Lol Now that is crazy CJBArtworks!!

Return to “Foundmyself.com general discussion”