To top

Idea of an online art school for everyone.

Talk about the site, your eye color, veggie preference, whatever. New members - don't be shy - introduce yourselves here.
wastler
Substantial poster

Idea of an online art school for everyone.

Postby wastler » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:47 pm

Hello guys!! Hey I have an idea.... I own a computer and internet company MWProHosting.com and I have the means to do this if it's a good idea. (I'm not promoting my business. Just letting you know I have unlimited resources to make this possible)

Now.. Is it a good idea if I would set up an online art school for anyone to start their own art classes?

The user can have a choice to make it private to teach only the people they want or, they could make it public and the artist can post videos about art techniques or any art subject and any user can learn by watching the videos. Private classes can be live classes integrated with skype. It will be free for the art community to start classes and enroll to the website. Weather the artist charges for classes or not I will not know. The site will free to join but, private classes will be password protected by the artist. The art teacher will have to make and handout passwords to their students. Open public classes anyone can enroll at anytime.

It is just an idea. I was just thinking about that today and it will not be affiliated with anyother artist websites. It will be its own entity. What do ya think? What are your ideas for the school site if you like it? Do you think it would take off or fail? If it's not a good idea I will not go through with it.
Lee Wastler
Chris fairl
Passionate poster

Re: Idea of an online art school for everyone.

Postby Chris fairl » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:49 pm

Hey lee I like your idea online art classes . Maybe with different classes different styles available those that are free and those that charge a fee I believe it would generate a lot of interest . I hope it works. I Say yes do it
wastler
Substantial poster

Postby wastler » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:26 pm

Thanks I'm glad you like the idea. Your correct any artist that becomes a teacher can teach their own techniques. That means their can be as many different classes as one can dream of. Great idea. Thanks :P
Lee Wastler
Grandaddyearl
Postaholic

Postby Grandaddyearl » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:45 am

Nice thought. Not sure the way I taught with a "hands on" individual approach would work as well but general technique (light shadow, perspective, color mixes, various materials and forms, massing, etc.) could be a great help to some of the beginners on this forum or even folks looking to change mediums or style. As art is so individual (just look at the variations on this site) that I'm not sure the one on one on line guidance can work well. Good luck with it however. Grandaddyearl
wastler
Substantial poster

Postby wastler » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:14 am

Very true, Hands on will not be easy if even practicable. I do see lots of advantages showing different techniques or maybe even art history. If someone did a one on one it would be trial and error to figure out how it worked if they can see the detail in the students paintings via skype. Now creating a video while painting you can get more detail in the shots because of a higher resolution. Not with skype. So really the teacher would be better off showing the techniques via video and using skype for communications for questions and explaining on a personal level. Still lot's to think and talk about. I really like this idea. We'll get some more thoughts & ideas flying around for a clearer picture of how this will work.
Lee Wastler
SharsArt
Extreme poster

Postby SharsArt » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:19 am

Personally, I think it's a great idea. I think most artists are ever evolving & no one yet knows all there is to know about art... it's a quest & an adventure. In order for all to benefit from any artists' concept, creation, or design, it must be shared.

I don't know if you'll find this helpful, but I'm an active member of "AirbrushTutor.com" & the online tutorials are awesome. They are step by step, shown from A-Z & inspire tons of ideas, techniques, & styles. You might like to check out how they've set it up for some ideas?

Hope I've helped. :D
wastler
Substantial poster

Postby wastler » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:47 am

Thanks for the positive thoughts everyone. If anyone has any ideas about it at all please feel free to share it. Now is the time before I start to build. I'll do my best to add what ever I can. I'll start building it to see what the layout will be, look like and feel. Than we all can judge it to see if it's practicable for art education on any kind. Or tweak it or not. We'll see. It will be a few days before I start the build. I'll keep ya posted on the progress.
Lee Wastler
wastler
Substantial poster

Postby wastler » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:39 pm

Just to keep you updated. I have the script and we are making the script a little more easy to navigate. After that's finished we'll start on the DNS and Graphics. It should be here shortly. We are working on it for sure. I'll keep you posted!!!!!
Lee Wastler
wastler
Substantial poster

Postby wastler » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:21 pm

We were working on a few touch ups on the school script yesterday. We should have everything up and running this week. :D
Lee Wastler
wastler
Substantial poster

Postby wastler » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:41 am

If all works out well the school will be online this afternoon!! 9/2/15. Our volunteers are working hard to get it open. I'll let ya know when it's up.
Lee Wastler

Return to “Foundmyself.com general discussion”