To top

painting your own drawings? why do it?

Talk about the site, your eye color, veggie preference, whatever. New members - don't be shy - introduce yourselves here.
vtbande
Passionate poster

painting your own drawings? why do it?

Postby vtbande » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:47 am

schooner.jpeg
schooner done.jpg
why is it when i paint something that I was the one to draw, that I never do it close to the same?
Lorena Shiffer
Postaholic

Re: painting your own drawings? why do it?

Postby Lorena Shiffer » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:33 am

When you are drawing something, I think your style is "Draftsman" . When you paint, you are INTERPRETING the draftsman style . Your painting style seems a little abstract, impressionistic, leaving realistic behind and plunging into passion and emotion. That's it abstract impression !
wastler
Substantial poster

Postby wastler » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:35 am

I agree with Lorena. No two works are ever the same. Even though the two are looking a little different. They both are very well done. Great job.
Lee Wastler
vtbande
Passionate poster

Postby vtbande » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:20 pm

Thank you. I was starting to feel bad about my art...I guess i'm just hard on myself, even with the challenges i have in sight. I still push to be better than the time before.
Lorena Shiffer
Postaholic

Postby Lorena Shiffer » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:15 pm

The thing about art ... it truly is the journey. We are our own worst critics. Art is for the freedom to take a "mistake" and make it a feature. Art is an exploration ... and we grow and learn with each new piece.
I had to stop and think about myself and art the other day. I want to return to doing art shows and traveling. I have two mediums one is photography and the other is hand carved gourds. I actually want to incorporate stained glass within a Gourd and also the shapes of gourds to design glass spirals.
It's just that the gourds are so labor intensive and stained glass is no piece of cake either. Then :idea: why do I have to make art to sell, why do I have to produce volume. Why not just make the stained glass gourds to make my own heart happy. Photography would be easy to produce volume plus I have 30 years of images to work with !
vtbande
Passionate poster

Postby vtbande » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:16 am

Love your passion, I have done small leaded seem stain glass for a pumpkin hobbit home i did once. the light came out of windows beautiful..good luck and please share some of the window gourds.

Return to “Foundmyself.com general discussion”