To top

READ BEFORE POSTING: The Curse of the One-Way Poster

Talk about the site, your eye color, veggie preference, whatever. New members - don't be shy - introduce yourselves here.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Re: READ BEFORE POSTING: The Curse of the One-Way Poster

Postby bloodjelly » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:50 pm

lisssilverwing wrote:hi everyone, just joined and i love this place already. read the first post and it made me smile , you definitely have my support on that matter and im soo looking to actually find new friends in here instead of talking at walls :) that being said , im trying to figure out the rest of the site and see , what can i post about in this forum :) sending you all , lots of love and inviting you to my gallery , it's still a work in progress though :) more images to be uploaded soon , anyway ... have a blessed day for now!!

Hi Lisa awesome to have you here. 8)
Eliza Gurley
New poster

Postby Eliza Gurley » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:37 pm

Hi! I'm new here and I would like to contribute as much as I would like to receive feedback through this site.
I am not going to call myself a new artist, but I am finally seriously working on art as a career now. I have dreams and hopes; but mostly I want to achieve the most I am able. It has been 8 years since I tried my hand at art, and just this month I gathered together my pencils, paper, paint and canvas to do what as a child I loved.
I'm wondering if anybody could direct me to how to first post my artwork for critique? Also, I grant that I have a little suspicion of somebody stealing my images without thinking too hard about it since I know it is easy to do on the internet. Give me tips, people, please!?
Thank you all in advance!
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:43 pm

Eliza Gurley wrote:Hi! I'm new here and I would like to contribute as much as I would like to receive feedback through this site.
I am not going to call myself a new artist, but I am finally seriously working on art as a career now. I have dreams and hopes; but mostly I want to achieve the most I am able. It has been 8 years since I tried my hand at art, and just this month I gathered together my pencils, paper, paint and canvas to do what as a child I loved.
I'm wondering if anybody could direct me to how to first post my artwork for critique? Also, I grant that I have a little suspicion of somebody stealing my images without thinking too hard about it since I know it is easy to do on the internet. Give me tips, people, please!?
Thank you all in advance!

Hi Eliza - thanks for joining & welcome to FM (and back to "arting" again). The best place to post a piece for critique is in our Art Critique forum.

As far as people stealing images, that's unfortunately a risk you take by sharing your work. You can watermark images (not worth the distraction to the viewer IMO unless you're selling digital copies), or upload smaller versions (like 600 pixels on the longest side, for example), which can help.

Anyway hope to see you around. :D
sue hazelton
Postaholic

Postby sue hazelton » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:05 pm

Hi and Welcome to FM Eliza,
I put a watermark across the center of my images c. with my name. There are a lot of helpful and talented artist here and I know in no time you will be getting lots of helpful tips. Glad you decided to join and share your talent be looking forward to seeing your work. Again Welcome to FM :) sue
SharsArt
Extreme poster

Postby SharsArt » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:42 pm

Hi Eliza,

Welcome to FM. Hope your return the to creative art world is full of fun & adventure, and lucrative as well.

Personally, I'm always a little flattered when people 'grab' my art for personal non-compensatory use.... free advertisement! In fact, I usually give them my permission if they request it, and credit me. If I see it misused, then I would give them a 30 day notice to purchase it, or remove it from their site.

There are a lot of very informative topics here on FM about almost every art related subject or question here on the FM forums. If you find time, read them, it'll be time well spent! (Search field bar works great for specific stuff too.)

Hope I've helped. :D
jeanann
Passionate poster

Postby jeanann » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:28 am

Hi I don't know if what I'm about to say belongs here or on a different part of this great site I'm sorry if not but I am getting very disheaterned.I look as art each day and post 3-4 comments I never have missed a day since I joined but the last 4-5wks I have not even had a thank you on 75% of my posting NOT even a :D .I find this to be the height of bad manners, and thinking maybe I should not comment any more cheers jeanann
BogStandad
Extreme poster

Postby BogStandad » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:38 am

jeanann wrote:Hi I don't know if what I'm about to say belongs here or on a different part of this great site I'm sorry if not but I am getting very disheaterned.I look as art each day and post 3-4 comments I never have missed a day since I joined but the last 4-5wks I have not even had a thank you on 75% of my posting NOT even a :D .I find this to be the height of bad manners, and thinking maybe I should not comment any more cheers jeanann

To compensate :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) .

No I am not trying to take the pistols out of you, they are all sincere, it is difficult enough to keep plodding on without recognition but to draw attention to the fact is even more difficult, plus I agree with you and if I was one of them then I hope this makes up a little for that mistake on my part if there was one. Also I am not sure that people always get notification from the site because I know I have not on more than one occasion. That might be caused by a structural issue with the forum software or it might be done to insure that users don't get overwhelmed with notifications, I don't know, it is not a complaint about the forum but an observation. Anyway all the very best, :) :)
jeanann
Passionate poster

Postby jeanann » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:37 pm

Thank you for taking the time to make me smile your a true diamond :D jeanann
SharsArt
Extreme poster

Postby SharsArt » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:04 am

Jeanann,

While I usually do not respond to a comment on an art piece as another comment... I do try to send the commenter/voter a PM/Contact "Thank You." I know others who also prefer to respond in this manner, so be sure & check your 'inbox' frequently. :D

I agree, that sometimes leaving a nice comment for others work can be 'one sided,' but by the same token... I do not leave a 'nice comment' simply to get one back... I leave them because I like/appreciate the art work itself. If I receive a thank you, or a nice comment on my own work... well that's even better! :) But, it's always a 'win/win' for me, because I get to enjoy viewing others art work & sometimes, others will let me know that they have taken the time to view mine and enjoyed it as well. How cool is that! 8)

Don't be discouraged, keep on enjoying art. Good art always has it's own reward & value, even if the artist has deplorable manners or [n]etiquette. :lol:

Hope I've helped. :D
Jesse Boone
New poster

Postby Jesse Boone » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:19 pm

One sided posting... ok, got it.

Return to “Foundmyself.com general discussion”