To top

READ BEFORE POSTING: The Curse of the One-Way Poster

Talk about the site, your eye color, veggie preference, whatever. New members - don't be shy - introduce yourselves here.
Rex Woodmore
New poster

Re: READ BEFORE POSTING: The Curse of the One-Way Poster

Postby Rex Woodmore » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:50 pm

Hi guys! Greetings from Western Australia.
The reason I don't post is that I am confused, which one might expect of a 73 years old. The truth is I have always been that way. Many people, like me, have dyscalculia or dyslexia and we need very clear basic, step by step instructions. It is no good saying to us “Surely it is common sense” (There is no such thing. What is common to one, is uncommon to another). Even though I write, paint and administer my own websites (if anyone is interested here’s one http://rex-woodmore.weebly.com ) When faced with a forum, I never know if I am replying to someone's post or starting a new one (?) (I haven’t dared to put one on my own website). So!.... If anyone would like to write a post on how to blog (not what to say, but where to go, start and stop) then I would appreciate it, as I am sure others will too.
Perhaps a message from admin with those basic instructions, might encourage others like me, who have much they would like to say and share, to step up and use forums more often.....Otherwise, for me it is like being in a room full of people, I have lots to say, but everyone is talking to me at the same time about different subjects….and I just want to leave by the closest exit.
If none of this makes sense then sorry! But now I cannot be accused of not blogging :-)
DID I DO IT RIGHT??? Warm regards (easy to say on a beautiful Aussie summer morning like today) Rex
Grandaddyearl
Postaholic

Postby Grandaddyearl » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:08 am

Rex, as an almost 80 young senior citizen I enjoy anything anyone says on this board. Most of us have a common interest in art and represent thinking from all over the world. Many of us are at the age we enjoy watching grass grow like me so it’s great to hear from someone in the land down under. Enjoy your work as well. I for one will always appreciate the information you impart on this board. Grandaddyearl
Rex Woodmore
New poster

Postby Rex Woodmore » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:59 pm

Hi Earl, thanks for your response.
It sounds like you are going well and content in watching the grass grow. I have grass that I have to encourage to grow, mow, fertilze and water and then take a longtime sitting on it and watch the trees grow :-)

It looks as if I have stumbled up another step and have now been able to answer someone :-) It is such a pitty that some 'IT' savy person has still not said how to navigate forums.If you don't see me hear again it is because I have got lost or gone to Heaven :-) Warm Regards, Rex
Artistview
Substantial poster

Postby Artistview » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:05 pm

Hi Rex, I'm a baby, I'm only 61 lol
I watch my grass and trees grow as well.

If I understand what your asking about the forum. Lets see if I can put in into words or explain so you can understand. I might even confuse myself :)

On the forum there are categories like Art critique, Visual arts and so on.

When you enter a category or section of the form you see what others have posted.

At the top if you click on 'New Topic" you make the fist post like you did here.

To post a reply you do what you did here. Click on "Reply"

If I don't have it right let me know and I'll still try helping you out. Maybe we'll both learn something.

Bill
Artistview
Substantial poster

Postby Artistview » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:23 pm

I forgot if your like me. I keep clicking the "Home" link at the top to go back to the main page for the Forum. You need to click the Forums link and that will bring you back to the main page.

Also I was checking out your site. Very nice art work and a nice job on the site as well. I should build one but I never get around to it.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:35 pm

Artistview wrote:Hi Rex, I'm a baby, I'm only 61 lol
I watch my grass and trees grow as well.

If I understand what your asking about the forum. Lets see if I can put in into words or explain so you can understand. I might even confuse myself :)

On the forum there are categories like Art critique, Visual arts and so on.

When you enter a category or section of the form you see what others have posted.

At the top if you click on 'New Topic" you make the fist post like you did here.

To post a reply you do what you did here. Click on "Reply"

If I don't have it right let me know and I'll still try helping you out. Maybe we'll both learn something.

Bill

Yep Bill you got it 8) To get back to the forum "home" you can also click the "Board index" link near the top, with the little home icon next to it. Don't know if that will help or confuse, but c'est la vie. :roll: :P
Rex Woodmore
New poster

Postby Rex Woodmore » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:07 pm

Thanks Bill! I may try again when I have something news worthy :-)
OMW_gas1949er
New poster

Postby OMW_gas1949er » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:06 pm

I`m still trying to figure out how this site works.......I want to respond, but I get confused I may be responding to an artist I didn`t mean to.....make sense?......Anywho, I am still in the process of moving, and took a much needed break to add some paintings, and wow......now I`m in a dither ..........but only temporarily. In the meantime, I want to thank those who viewed my art, and even rated some and are following me.......I promise to get with the program very soon......AND we all ROCK!....Best, GeorgeAnne
janlea
New poster

Postby janlea » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:09 am

I take the easy road -- just don't try responding to many posts. ;)
Artistview
Substantial poster

Postby Artistview » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:20 pm

janlea, :(

People need to chat on here to keep things going. Heck I can't type to save my life. But I keep going errors and all I don't care. LOL

Return to “Foundmyself.com general discussion”