To top

Talk about the site, your eye color, veggie preference, whatever. New members - don't be shy - introduce yourselves here.
t-b0t30
Substantial poster

Postby t-b0t30 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:49 am

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to introduce myself while I had a moment. I haven't quite finished everything on my profile yet, so bear with me.

I recently turned 30 and have rediscovered my love for art. I have had a long battle with depression and many highs and lows in life. I quit drawing sometime in high school. At that time I don't think I could handle the frustrations and everything I was going through.

Recently I was deployed to Iraq and a buddy of mine was showing me some products from Wacom for digital art. I decided to startake drawing again because I didn't really have a whole lot of things to do in my free time. This really opened me up.

What I would like out of this is to meet people with similar interests and chat about art. Obviously I would also like to eventually put some of my works up and possibly sell them, but we will see how far that goes. I live in an area of Wisconsin full of farmers, business, and medical peeps, so there's not a whole lot of opportunity for artistic people. Any support and conversation from this community will do me wonders.

Thank you so much for taking the time oit of your day to read through this. Introductions can be awkward and I know they aren't always the most enjoyable reads. I look forward to getting to know you guys and gals, hearing critiques, and enjoying art. Thanks again for your support!
"Struggle creates the artist. As it fades, so too does the artist."

Travis Engh
sue hazelton
Postaholic

Re: New Member

Postby sue hazelton » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:36 am

Hi t,
First and foremost Thank You! If you are still in Iraq, safe return from all of us here at FM. And, Welcome to FM! There are a lot of friendly, helpful and talented artists here, you have come to a good place, to talk about art. We do like to chat it up a bit. I use photography, its the foundation for my artwork.
I'm not familiar with Wacom products, I use AdobePhotoshop most in my works. Looking forward to seeing your works.
Again Welcome to FM glad you are here to share your talent.
:D sue
Chris fairl
Passionate poster

Postby Chris fairl » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:27 pm

Howdy T . Welcome to FM. I've been a member a little over a year now. Its a pretty cool site . Don't know alot about digital art looking forward to seeing your gallery p.s. when the world gives you lemons make lemonade :D
t-b0t30
Substantial poster

Postby t-b0t30 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:00 am

Thanks a bunch you guys! I really appreciate it! I will hopefully be posting something within the next couple of days. I was experimenting a bit with oil pastels on a canvas panel for this one. It hasn't really turned out how I expected it to so far. In some ways it is a lot better and in other ways I've had to get a little creative haha. Talk to you guys later.
"Struggle creates the artist. As it fades, so too does the artist."

Travis Engh
SharsArt
Extreme poster

Postby SharsArt » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:35 am

Hi,

I'm glad you've joined our art community & I'm hoping to see more of your work posted in your gallery soon.
Grandaddyearl
Postaholic

Postby Grandaddyearl » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:30 am

Great introduction T, hope to have many discussions in the future. Grandaddyearl

Return to “Foundmyself.com general discussion”