To top

Recognizzble human faces...

Talk about the site, your eye color, veggie preference, whatever. New members - don't be shy - introduce yourselves here.
Peterpaints
New poster

Recognizzble human faces...

Postby Peterpaints » Mon May 01, 2017 7:57 am

...not allowed in artStock - why ?
BogStandad
Extreme poster

Re: Recognizzble human faces...

Postby BogStandad » Mon May 01, 2017 9:07 am

Presumably you are asking/meaning, why aren't "Recognizzble human faces......not allowed in artStock - why ?" Why aren't human faces allowed in ArtStock?

Presumably the answer will be legal or ethical reasons, if using a model, that could be a friend or stranger depending on circumstance, you should have a contract with them about use of material created from their face. Most professional models would insist on a contract I would imagine and ethically it would only be right, and proper to get permission to post or sell someones face. Even if a completely made up face looked like someone real it could cause issues. I don't think ArtStock would want to have to deal with any of these issues to be honest, I wouldn't blame them either.

Still a question worth asking and I might be wrong, Trevor will probably need to answer this one.

Peace, Bog.
Peterpaints
New poster

Postby Peterpaints » Sun May 14, 2017 3:42 am

Maybe, one day, human faces might be allowed, as at the moment I do portraiture, because human faces are interesting to paint.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Sun May 14, 2017 9:37 am

Yeah, Bog's right - it's because (with some exceptions) there'd need to be model releases involved potentially and that's not something I'm interested in dealing with at the moment. I'm lazy that way :roll:
Peterpaints
New poster

Postby Peterpaints » Mon May 15, 2017 4:02 am

You can get prints of my portraits at https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/peter-gartner/shop
Peterpaints
New poster

Postby Peterpaints » Tue May 16, 2017 3:10 am

What about portraits of dead people ? They are not likely to sue for copyright infringement.

One of my uploaded paintings features Lynne Frederick, who is deceased. https://www.foundmyself.com/Peterpaints ... ych/179081

Return to “Foundmyself.com general discussion”