To top

art pricing

Talk about the site, your eye color, veggie preference, whatever. New members - don't be shy - introduce yourselves here.
zeuslight
Substantial poster

art pricing

Postby zeuslight » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:56 am

as someone who is new in the art business, i don't know what my art is worth. for some its worth little and others more. but I would like to get your opinion on what my art is worth and leave a comment on my art by voting with numbers 1 to 100 that will make my day thank you all who comment in advance and I hope to hear from you guys soon. :D :D :D
BogStandad
Extreme poster

Re: art pricing

Postby BogStandad » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:07 am

Hi zeuslight, the link below might help with pricing:

https://www.foundmyself.com/blog/how-to-price-your-art/

To do what I think your asking is just a bit of a tall order as it is time consuming as well as being quite difficult but all the best anyway.

Sorry but this is my best effort.

Bog.
zeuslight
Substantial poster

Postby zeuslight » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:25 am

thank you!
Grandaddyearl
Postaholic

Postby Grandaddyearl » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:54 pm

Zeuslight, pricing is what the market bears. A gallery, if you can get one to display your work will price it for you based on what they think will sell. Many galleries get a commission as much as 40% so make sure you are OK with the balance to you. If you submit to competitions to sell then look at other work pricing as that is the client that the competition draws. When you win completions, get published, or sell a bunch you will establish a market and then slowly increase your asking price until your sales dry up or cease. I priced my first sale, as I recall, by assuming min. Wage x the time the piece took plus the cost of materials. Once your market is established I think you will find you can raise prices and I think many of your buyers will become repeat customers and actually will like the fact your art is increasing in value. That's how my history stacked up but probably different for each artist. I assume you were asking about originals here and not the print world which I handle differently. Grandaddyearl

Return to “Foundmyself.com general discussion”