To top

Hello Everyone

Talk about the site, your eye color, veggie preference, whatever. New members - don't be shy - introduce yourselves here.
Artistview
Substantial poster

Hello Everyone

Postby Artistview » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:22 pm

Hi Folks,
I've been a member for some time but I haven't uploaded to many photos of my paintings in the past. But I uploaded a number of photos over the past couple of days.

I started painting art in 2012 after I became disabled in 2009. I've always liked art from the time I was very young. But like most people life got in the way, wife, kids, etc. etc..

So after working in the building trades for 40 + years and sitting around the house felling sorry for myself for a couple of years. I told my wife I KNOW I'll PAINT!!! I really did kind of yell it out and she said okay you don't need to yell about it.

So I just turned 61 and it's about time I start selling my art and prints of my art online. I've been doing local art shows the past couple of years without much luck. Seems all artist are having a hard time around here. So I am going to upload photos and when I'm all set I'll start offering it for sale. Some of the paintings I posted have sold or I gave them away as gifts. I have a bad habit of doing that.

But anyway, I build my own strainers, I purchase raw canvas and prime it myself. I also stretch the canvas. My medium is acrylic and I paint Abstracts, Landscapes, Seascapes and Optical Art. I also build custom boxes/crates when a painting sells.

My Gallery is called Artist View ( one word on the site)

https://www.foundmyself.com/Artistview

Take care,
Bill
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Re: Hello Everyone

Postby bloodjelly » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:09 pm

Hey Bill thanks for sharing your work and saying hello. Sounds like you put a lot of hard work into your art - even setting up the canvas by hand. I'll go browse around your gallery now. :)
Kseniya Ali
New poster

Postby Kseniya Ali » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:32 pm

Hello Bill,
Your work is interesting and beautiful. I love the barns...my favourites :)
I have been painting regularly for the past 3 years as my daughter has a disability and I am staying home with her. Art does help a great deal! Wishing you all the best and cannot wait to see more artwork.
Kseniya Ali
Grandaddyearl
Postaholic

Postby Grandaddyearl » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:48 pm

Glad you are on board Bill. Like your work and find it interesting the work in your case is real. Grandaddyearl
Artistview
Substantial poster

Postby Artistview » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:19 am

Thanks everyone, I thought I posted replies but they aren't showing up for some reason.
Tania WB
New poster

Postby Tania WB » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:07 am

Hi, Good to see so many wonderful works of art! WOW
I just wish that I could work out how to post like you have done. hmmm would love to give feed back and so on even though I can't create works myself, just being in touch and seeing all the beautiful pieces would be wonderful.
tmsabry12
New poster

Postby tmsabry12 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:03 am

Hi Bill ; Thank you for being with us on FM . your works are wonderful . I wish you the best of luck . Tarek
ajscott
New poster

Postby ajscott » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:37 pm

Hi guys! I'm new to the site. still figuring things out; if anyone has any useful tips, let me know! can't wait to see everyone's talent :)
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:00 am

Hi newcomers welcome to Foundmyself. Awesome to have you here :D
Cartoonman
New poster

Re: Hello Everyone. Thanks for the hello from the cartoon man im new and the site I would like feed back on my work fr

Postby Cartoonman » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:41 pm

Hi every one i am new to the site I like it im not very smart when it comes to smart phones I go buy the name cartoon man. My real name is Don. I would like feed back on my art if ya got the time thanks and have a great day

Return to “Foundmyself.com general discussion”