To top

H-E-L-L-L-O-O-O-O-O-O-O

Talk about the site, your eye color, veggie preference, whatever. New members - don't be shy - introduce yourselves here.
Sunny
Postaholic

H-E-L-L-L-O-O-O-O-O-O-O

Postby Sunny » Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:56 am

gEEZ, WHERE IN THE WORLD IS EVERYONE LATELY? I keep checking in to see new posts & there aren't any. Hi Trevor! Just thought I'd say hi to you anyway! :D
Art in Soul Studios
http://www.geocities.com/sunny4art
The soul has reasons that reason cannot fathom.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:41 am

hahha yeah the posts here spike, then drop, then spike again. Weird. I'm still out looking for more good people to populate the site. Tell your friends! :wink:
linda patterson
Substantial poster

hello!!!

Postby linda patterson » Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:24 pm

well, I wish I could say that I had been away (to Amsterdam! and Sunny - you're on - I've got another 3 or 4 decades before I reach retirement age but if you can wait that long you can come stay with us for as long as you like!) but the only "away" I've been is with the fairies as usual!

there's been some national problems with ISPs over the last couple of months here is australia meaning that websites are down and emails aren't getting through, so that may explain the lag a bit with your aussie friends.

and your site has probably been so inspirational that everyone's away doing more artwork now! here's a few i prepared earlier :) :) (they're trippy as usual).
Attachments
demophobia.jpg
Demophobia [Based on an original photo taken in Paris, depicting the constant crowds near the Eiffel Tower and the carousels.]
demophobia.jpg (95.64 KiB) Viewed 2070 times
linda patterson
Substantial poster

the others..

Postby linda patterson » Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:31 pm

(got a bit button happy with the submit)
Attachments
amsterdam_morning.jpg
Amsterdam Morning (specially for Sunny!!) [Based on an original photo taken after a very long and surreal night in Amsterdam, with 3 friends wandering home just after dawn.]
amsterdam_morning.jpg (40.91 KiB) Viewed 2066 times
dialogue.jpg
Dialogue [A simplistic piece illustrating the ebb and flow of conversation; but also the element of ego within conversation
dialogue.jpg (91.64 KiB) Viewed 2066 times
Sunny
Postaholic

Postby Sunny » Thu Nov 20, 2003 6:23 pm

Linda-Love the "Amsterdam Morning"! LOL! I'vew felt like that a time or two or fifty! I am a child of the sixties so to speak so I will probably be dead & gone when you retire! Soo sad! Maybe I'll get there first & you can come see me! :)
I really like the Dialogue also-interesting bit about that I didn't know! Reminded me of "talking heads" and there are plenty of them now-a-days and they might as well be saying Rhubarb as it would make as much sense! :lol:
Art in Soul Studios

http://www.geocities.com/sunny4art

The soul has reasons that reason cannot fathom.
rebus
Postaholic

Postby rebus » Fri Nov 21, 2003 3:57 am

Hello, I'm here... there's been problems with the site, then with isps all over the place and also I've been working.. then when I have been home, Ian has been here working on the pc.... Not posting because I've been naughty and not done anything for creative forever..... in the process of diy at mo... *sigh*
Any of my reference photos may be used to create artworks as long as they are acknowledged in the normal way.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Re: hello!!!

Postby bloodjelly » Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:42 am

linda patterson wrote: and your site has probably been so inspirational that everyone's away doing more artwork now!

Thanks, wouldn't that be great? :P Again I like your style, especially in Demophobia, which has awesome atmosphere and darkness. It's hard to tell with this small size what the sea of shapes is exactly, but I can just see the pigeons, which makes sense. Rats of the sky, eh? Well I've got nothing against rats so...

Dialogue shows your affinity for graphic design ( :D ) and I like the concept. Maybe a little symmetrical for my tastes, though, and the focal point seems to be the intersection of the figure-8 words, instead of the figures themselves. Is that true about bit-part actors? :)

Amersterdam Morning captures just the right mood again, and I keep wondering if the top halves of these people are still back at the coffee shops refusing to let go of their hookahs. Good composition, too.

Thanks for coming when called, guys. You saw the bat signal and came a-postin'. 8) Oh and hi rebus, long time no see!
rebus
Postaholic

Postby rebus » Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:50 am

Hi Bloodjelly, long time no see, but I've been around. Any progress with your painting?

BTW, my sister-in-law dropped a bombshell the other day, told me she'd booked an exhibition for her artwork but has signed it up as a joint exhibition with me.... great!!?? BUT how on earth am I supposed to get exhibition quality artwork ready in time... haven't even been painting in oils for a year yet...*sigh* ah well... guess I'll just have to crack on. So, I may be popping in occasionally with a cry for help, advice or just a shoulder to cry on....
Any of my reference photos may be used to create artworks as long as they are acknowledged in the normal way.
bloodjelly
Extreme poster

Postby bloodjelly » Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:08 pm

rebus wrote:Hi Bloodjelly, long time no see, but I've been around. Any progress with your painting?

BTW, my sister-in-law dropped a bombshell the other day, told me she'd booked an exhibition for her artwork but has signed it up as a joint exhibition with me.... great!!?? BUT how on earth am I supposed to get exhibition quality artwork ready in time... haven't even been painting in oils for a year yet...*sigh* ah well... guess I'll just have to crack on. So, I may be popping in occasionally with a cry for help, advice or just a shoulder to cry on....

:lol:
That's great :D rebus, congratulations. But oooh yeah the pressure's on. Looking forward to seeing some of your new work. As for my painting..eheh..non-existant. I messed around with acrylics the other day but so far I'm not liking the results. I'll keep trying.
rebus
Postaholic

Postby rebus » Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:28 pm

You do that.....don't give up just 'cos I'm not here to crack the whip...

won't be any new work for a while... can't even get into my art room as we're having some building work done and everything has been piled in there to make room for plumbers etc.... I will post though, when I get some more work done....

Return to “Foundmyself.com general discussion”