- › Step by step instructions to change... (1)
- › 4 Ways to Arrange Artwork (2)
- › 5 Reasons to Update Your Space With... (2)
- › Favorite Comedy Movie (32)
- › Hi I'm new Call me (15)
- › Hello Everyone (10)
- › What camera to buy (5)
- › The Worst Big Film you Ever Saw (63)
- › Botanicals 2018 Online Art Exhibiti... (1)
- › VOTE HERE - Summer Fun art contest (7)
Use one of these creative placement ideas to make your much-loved artwork even more enjoyable.
1. Patios. Outdoors may not be the most obvious place for a painting, but if it is well protected from the elements, why not? This bright toucan painting really livens up this porch.
Design tip: When you're hanging artwork/Oversized Canvas Art in an area with an 8-foot high ceiling, the middle of the picture should be approximately 5 feet off the floor.
2. Bathrooms. Bathrooms should be places of serenity and luxury. A beautiful piece of art/Extra Large Contemporary Art will only enhance that indulgent experience.
Design tip: In wet areas place your artwork under glass to avoid damage from water and steam.
3. Storage. When you're trying to organize individual spaces for the smaller members of the family, a special piece of their artwork can be great visual reminder for whose cubby is whose.
Design tip: Jazz up a children's space by framing art/Abstract Art from their favorite books. Imagine a series of Dr. Seuss images all framed in a row.
4. Closets. Dressing rooms by nature should be decadent, so not displaying artwork would be a fashion crime. These framed shopping bags are the perfect reminder that self-indulgence is OK every now and then.
Design tip: To hang groups of pictures together, trace the frames onto craft paper first and cut out the pieces. Position the pieces and lightly tape them onto the wall. You can move them around until you are happy with the layout, without putting a ton of holes in the wall.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests